What has Retrobike made me do now...!

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Whose bright idea was it to open a Retro Classic Road section?? :shock:

This acquisition appealed to my sense of humour and will help with winter miles (allegedly). I remember stroking one at Stif over 10 years ago - wondering whether I would ever be perverted by the roadie thang!

Can't find any old info on tinternet (I know its 753 but that's it. Would love to know how many there are about now) - so if anyone has any scans, can they post up please?

Neil

PS. Yes, I know - I'm a giraffe by day...!

Attachments

• orange 1.jpg
    orange 1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2,414
Neil,

great buy!

Any plans? Be ineterested to know what you find about the bikes history.

Oh....welcome to the dark side :twisted:

Quick sand... Further Adventures on the Darkside

Now I'm a roadie (can't believe I typed that :shock: )... I sauntered with confidence in to Condor Cycles at Grays Inn on Friday, just to get a feel for this otherworld - oh dear! How sexy was that window display! My favourite was this Paris Galibier recreation - full on lust-inducing metal!

Picked up the Orange Formula from Mark at PedalSport Cycles in Halifax on Saturday. He reminded me that Orange were only half a mile up the road and that I could probably get the frame resprayed by them, should I want to.

We had a natter about the repack anniversary and I told him about the site. He gave me a free copy of the Specialized Stumpjumper book to help with the FSR rebuild - what a gent!

The Formula is a little tired - but structurally sound. A post-winter rebuild bekons!

Neil

PS. Couldn't add Galibier attachment tonight - will try later.

That Galibier...

The PARIS Galibier - built by a certain Harry Rensch, post WW2. Rights to name held by, amongst others, Monty Young of Condor Cycles fame. Their master builder Tom Board (former employee of Rensch), built a number of replicas in the '80s - I guess this is one of those.

Maybe an MTB upbringing makes this frame appeal to me - most roadies don't seem to go for it and there are reports of frame failures in races - but hey, we're used to that here!

More here:

http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/builders.html

and here...

http://www.frameforum.net/forum2/index. ... f=9&t=2226

Neil

Attachments

• Paris3.jpg
    Paris3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2,352
  • Paris2.jpg
    Paris2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2,352