Holdsworth Bike Paint Colour

thrillho

Retro Newbie
Can anyone identify the paint colour on this Holdsworth bike? I'm pretty new to this game, but I am restoring it at the moment and would like to patch it up using the exact colour if possible! If anyone has any inside knowledge I'd appreciate it! Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 19.53.22.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 19.53.22.png
    944.4 KB · Views: 683
Re:

Hello, cant help you with the exact colour but I would imagine it would be a BS colour of the period.

What may also be useful is UK basic car paints of that era i.e. Ford, Austin etc as most standard colour paints would have come from the big chemical companies.

Take a look at the colour charts here they should be able to help.

https://www.colour-tech.co.uk/_webedit/ ... %20PDF.pdf

Before you paint its worth spending an hour cleaning the frame and T cutting it to see what you actually have because it will undoubtedly be oxidised.

HTH Ray

Re:

Could be something like Austin Old English White if 60s or 70s, or Ford Diamond White if the 80s

Get yourself down to Halfords!

Re: Re:

Ray_72":2zsen47w said:
Hello, cant help you with the exact colour but I would imagine it would be a BS colour of the period.

What may also be useful is UK basic car paints of that era i.e. Ford, Austin etc as most standard colour paints would have come from the big chemical companies.
Really, is that how they did it? I've got a 1983 Holdsworth Mistral which the catalogue says is sable brown pearl. I've never managed to colour-match that.

Re:

Ford Sable Brown was a popular choice in the 70s in US and UK. It was common up to early 80s.

HTH Ray

Latest posts

Back