For The GIOS Experts, Real?

Skynet

Senior Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just looked at my slightly older Gios,{bolt on brakes},cant explain the chrome but in most of these Gios matters I go by fork crown coins,drilled dropouts,and very non flashy seatstay attachment at top, so looks good to go,there seem to be different botton bracket shell cutouts,but no pics of it obv

Thanks for that. I was going to ask for a bottom bracket pic. If it is genuine and it's actually 49 c-to-c not c-to-t then the frame would work well for me.

Havnt read ebay advert so not sure if frame or complete bike,but a lot of Campag to put on a frame if not the real thing,if complete there's prob nearly 600 worth of bits to flog!

It's a mix of Campag, early 80's Shimano 600 and modern something brakes & levers. The Campag bits are seat pin, front mech, shifters, hubs on GP4's and dural block. So you'd think it started out as full Campag. Still doesn't mean for sure that it started out as a Gios but good you think it did.

Could get something back for the parts but perhaps not enough to warrant a BIN going by completed listings, but then it's small so don't turn up as often.

The chrome stay is actually a stick-on protector. The details that are shown look correct - drop-outs and forks - the chrome wasn't standard. The top of the seatstays should be embossed with Gios and BB shell cut-out. Paint looks good so you're saving hundreds on a respray. There's good money in small Gios frames from the far east so expect some last minute bidding.

Thanks Monty, Not sure about being stick on as both stays are chrome and it's all round. Not saying you're wrong just I've not seen stick on like that. I'll message him for a couple more pics of top of seat stay and bb shell.

Apparently the stays are really chromed and there's no Gios marks on the frame. It's obviously of decent quality but looks like the main frame isn't a Gios.

Latest posts

Back