What's this? (Columbus...)

jaypee

Senior Retro Guru
I have absolutely no idea. Was used as a courier bike in London in the late 80s.

Columbus Aelle - from what I understand not the best Columbus but Columbus none the less. Nice and light despite some dodgy parts (but I'm not used to road bikes).

Decals say:

'TUBI SPECIALI TRAFILATI'  ACCIAIO CMn   FEDORI

DSC_3757_zps5ccca125.jpg

DSC_3756_zps558d5738.jpg

DSC_3755_zps178ff299.jpg
DSC_3754_zpsca9388a3.jpg

DSC_3752_zps9870c259.jpg

DSC_3750_zpsc29c6c22.jpg

Re: mystery Columbus frame

Hmm, yes I can certainly see similarities, particularly the cut-outs on the two front lugs. Haven't found one with the unusual seat-stay to seatpost cluster arrangement yet though. The fork crown is unusual too.

While Aelle is a basic tube set (like 501) it looks to be nicely detailed. With the mudguard lugs it looks like a quality winter training frame.

Re: mystery Columbus

Cheers, yes not sure what the plan is yet, need to get it running and see how it fits.

Anyone got a more definitive idea of what it could be? Or anyone seen a seat-stay to seatpost cluster arrangement like that before, can't find a single image like it.

Re: Cilo

That's it! Must be. Forks are the same and the one in your link even has the same unusual seatstay to cluster (though I've just looked at lots of other Cilo's and these are the only two examples I've seen).

Thanks Midlife :D

Back