Name these pedals?

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Obviously Campagnolo but any clue as to model. Look a bit track-ish to me but what do I know, me and road bikes aren't best friends!

13628cab.jpg

885eed8b.jpg

Steel axles, riveted cages. In full disclosure I am only asking as I want to sell em!

Hi buddy :) Almost certainly Campagnolo Super Record / Record Pista. Highly sought after and these appear to be in good nic so best of luck with the sales my friend. I'd imagine that if you asked for £50 + postage you'd bleed to death (arm being ripped off).

http://velobase.com/ListComponents.aspx ... 5628ea75e7

Try this page for confirmation. SR have Titanium spindles and Record non titanium. Not sure how to "ID" the titanium version but the link will help solve any minor issues. All the best, Laz.

Just out of curiosity, how much does one weigh? The titanium spindles should be easy to spot as they look different to chromed steel. Legend gas it the titanium ones bent and later SR pedals had lightened steel spindles lol

Shaun

Midlife":2es11lvj said:
Just out of curiosity, how much does one weigh?

Shaun

Really sorry Shaun but the only scales I have in the house are attached to the wii and they aren't that accurate! If I get a chance I'll pop down the post office and measure it on theirs!

I ran titanium replacement stuff from SABA in the 70's and it's incredibly light.

I also came across some stuff from Raleigh destined for an Hour Record in titanium and magnesium alloy now that *was* light LOL

Track SR with titanium spindles are quite rare :D

Shaun

Midlife":2py3zr41 said:
I also came across some stuff from Raleigh destined for an Hour Record in titanium and magnesium alloy now that *was* light LOL

Shaun

Roy Schuiten in 1975? In Mexico City. Jan Le Grand built 2 special ultralight bikes for him. He had 3 attempts and didn't finish one of them.

Spot on Old Ned. Peter Post and his idea to conquer the world of cycling by spending more money than the GDP of an African nation !

Then decided to do it at altitude without Moser's later use of EPO and other performance enhancing substances...

Back on track LOL The bits that I came across were certainly very light, back in those days everything was related to "bags of sugar"... the bike was meant to weigh less than 4 of them.........which was seriously light.

Rumour had it that Speedwell submitted a titanium frame but never made it on the day, that was never a surprise as they looked like they had been built by a 7 year old :(

Funnily enough Raleigh never seemed to have another go, despite having an array of road men capable like Knetterman, Raas, Zoetemelk.

Shaun

Old Ned":19aoli7o said:
Midlife":19aoli7o said:

Shaun

Roy Schuiten in 1975? In Mexico City. Jan Le Grand built 2 special ultralight bikes for him. He had 3 attempts and didn't finish one of them.

I happened to have the copy of Cycling that reported it on the desk beside me - spooky eh :twisted: Nov 8th 1975 issue.

Back