Wanted Maillard / Spidel 700D CXC pedals

gridno27

rBotM Winner
Hi passioned retrobiker am looking for a pair of Maillard and/or Spidel 700D CXC pedals for my mid of 80s project.

Please know I am looking for the 700D type only - the difference are the end plates has been screwed and not fixed with a rivet
here see a pic out of Maillard catalogue
MAILLARD.jpg

many thanks in advance

Greetings
Thomas

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have a pair somewhere if you're still looking? I can also include a set of spare backplates I have, if I can find them.

ok - it will be nice if you send pics here or by PM and if possible you price intention

Many thanks in advance
Thomas

ok - it will be nice if you send pics here or by PM and if possible you price intention

Many thanks in advance
Thomas
Righto, just taking me a while to lay hands on the pedals. Hopefully, I'll track them down soon, probably over the weekend. Although I can see that you might be put out by such a delay, so obvs if something else comes up then don't hesitate to accept.

I'm sure you must have given up waiting for me to sort something out and found the pedals elsewhere. The problem is that the pair I have haven't turned up, although one of the pedals has. My finding this (as well as the backplates I mentioned) has prompted me to extend the search more than I would have done if nothing had appeared, but it might have been better if it hadn't seeing as the other one stubbornly refuses to be found:) So, if you have actually been hanging on for me, I guess it's probably time to throw in the towel on this one, or possibly wait another few weeks with no real certainly anything will change. It's a shame though, as I think the pedals were an even rarer version of the 700D model you mentioned, being stamped Bernard Hinault, presumably joining in with several other manufacturers at the time who borrowed the rider's name to promote their products (not sure if the pedals were actually upgraded and a variation of the model, or if only the model name was changed). Anyway, hope this isn't a disappointment, let me know if you want me to search for a bit longer, although as mentioned I wouldn't hold out much hope and I'm also a bit tied up to try some more obscure searches such as stuff I have in my loft etc.

No prob …time isn’t the key - I have passion, which mostly saves money and want them for building an most authentic 19854/85 Peugeot PY10-FC in the corresponding TeamSpec

Yup, well I'll try to save you some money if you'd be perhaps be comparing my pedals (Retrobike pretty fair prices) compared to the craziness often found with milk-it-to-the-max ebay offerings:) Although of course mine may very well never turn up...

Latest posts

Back