Re-Build Help please.. :)

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
hi guys ,

First time in here for me so be gentle.. :)

I'm trying to recreate my Vitus 979 bike I bought in the early 90's and although I remember I had Dura Ace stuff on it , I cant for the life of me remember what bars and stem I speced BITD,, :(

So I've settled on a Cinelli 1R Stem, just because I really like the look of it and seem to think , that I would have speced a Cinelli BITD , but would like suggestions and better still pics of any suitable bars that would be inkeeping with the stem and also frame.. :)

Also I used a set of Time pedals and again cant remember what model they were,, I do remember thought I thought they were ace..

They were white iirc..

Also If I managed to get some times,, what shoes could I get.. ?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Cheers guys..

Heres mine just because...

600 groupset

Simplex Retrofriction

Cinelli bars/ stem

Attachments

• Vitus turning Japanese.jpg
    Vitus turning Japanese.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 976
:cool: Nice chap.. not sure on the gold additives but nice.. ,...

What model cinelli bars you got hanging on there .. any close ups.. ?

Sithlord":k5wt6d1d said:
hi guys .....

Also I used a set of Time pedals and again cant remember what model they were,, I do remember thought I thought they were ace..

They were white iirc..

Also If I managed to get some times,, what shoes could I get.. ?

The white Time pedals were possibly Time equipe, the were originally in the squarer style but eventually changed to the more arrow-head profile. I think the equipe were Mag body and steel spindle.

In terms of shoes, in theory, any 3 point Look style shoe can be used, however in practice its not as easy. Sidi do adapter plates for their shoes to connect older Time Cleats into the Look fittings.

The original time pedals were supplied with adapter plates to Look shoes, however almost always now you will see pedals sold and there will be no adapters or cleats.

Adapter plates are about £10 and the cleats around £15 - you find the cleats more often in the US, they aren't that easy to find but they are out there. Sidi do the adapters for their base shoe and also for their Carbon shoes, but the cleats etc are quite heavy still.

Sounds like it will be a nice bike, I have a small amount of Time spare bits if you get stuck.

Cheers

@ LGF.. :LOL: :LOL: thanks chap appreciated..

@ DA-EVO , :) They sound familiar.. :) The shoes I used BITD were Times, so I had no issues with the cleats.. can you still get time shoes.. not looked into it yet,... they do sound like a bit of a mare to source now though.. , I'll do some diggin.. :) cheers and really appreciated.. :)

Sithlord":7zjyt9tc said:
@ LGF.. :LOL: :LOL: thanks chap appreciated..

@ DA-EVO , :) They sound familiar.. :) The shoes I used BITD were Times, so I had no issues with the cleats.. can you still get time shoes.. not looked into it yet,... they do sound like a bit of a mare to source now though.. , I'll do some diggin.. :) cheers and really appreciated.. :)

I still run 5 sets of Time original pedals, I think they are great and when I went MTB I started on the ATAC ones. Its not impossible to get the bits for sure but it took a bit of reading and waiting for bits to show up.

Not sure on Time shoes, think they stopped, well very likely with the 4 bolt shoes of the originals, I had the white / red ones and they were great.

Best thing I ever bought for my Bike I think were those pedals.

Time Equipe shoes pop-up on ebay regularly, or alternatively you can get adaptors for Carnac UCS3 shoes which were the dog's dinglies back in the day. For bars, if you're looking for something more edgy, you could see if you can find some Modolo bars, particularly early anatomic ones.

Latest posts

Back