oldest bike, still being ridden on a daily weekly basis?

rocky mountain

Devout Dirtbag
hi,
so who has the oldest bike that is used daily, weekly? monthly is out.
to make it harder, it has to be your only bike.

can be commuting and offroad....

it could be my 1995 rocky mountain( i have to learn to drive before i am allowed a new bike).

Attachments

• pc085433_211.jpg
    pc085433_211.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,547
My 88 Lava Dome sneers at your purple late comer. Or will, when it gets its left crank back on.

bike.jpg

(Too bad you didn't do this thread yesterday, when I still had a Ha-ha-Only-Sirrus to sell.)

orange71":mrjg07xd said:
to make it harder, it has to be your only bike.

well that eliminates about 80% + of us here that have more than one bike :roll: :LOL:

true, ok; well it has to be your main bike;

i am interested in how long they will last; i pray that mine will break so i have to buy a new one.

also its easy to build one up from ebay and present it as yours( look at all the fake single speed courier bikes around) defeats the point of retro?

PurpleFrog":2w72206f said:
My 88 Lava Dome sneers at your purple late comer. Or will, when it gets its left crank back on.

bike.jpg

(Too bad you didn't do this thread yesterday, when I still had a Ha-ha-Only-Sirrus to sell.)

but was it ridden this week?

he wants his lovely old steel rocky mountain to break so he can buy a new bike?

QUICK! someone call retrobike social services and have it taken into care!

rocky mountain":32gbpxtq said:
also its easy to build one up from ebay and present it as yours( look at all the fake single speed courier bikes around) defeats the point of retro?

???

Why isn't a bike you've bough the parts for on ebay yours? Do you mean only bikes owned by the rider from new? And what is the point of retro? Surely people like retro bikes for lots of reasons.

Does anyone have a main bike these days? Apart from garage queen PACE and Cannondale all of mine get a run out at least once a week.

Last night I rode home from work on my retroesque Cotic, popped to the shop on my Klunker, had tea then took the 87 FAT out for a hours shakedown proir to its forthcoming adventure and then rode into work this morning on my Yo Eddy. So thats four bikes getting used in 24 hours!

So, if they are main bikes I guess the 87 FAT aces everything submitted so far, the Schwinn Klunker blows everything out of the water age wise at 66 years old and by that reckoning you need to ride your Rocky for another 52 years to beat it :LOL: :LOL:

Back