So what have i got here ??? strange early one ! please look

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

Senior Retro Guru
Right ! Hi all, i'm from the little section on here tittled "old school bmx" i don't get out much to the rest of the site !
but today i came across some thing that i found at the dump - i wouldn't have paid it much notice, but had seen the same shaped bars in one of my BMX Action mags ~ the best of 84'/1985 just the other day !

so i bought it and put it in the back of the car - here are the pic's of it.

but it's up to you lot to show your knowledge of what it is ?

what year ?
who made it ?
and any other history or info ?

so if you know any thing or just want to comment on it - please do so

cheers B ;)

SNC10758.jpg

SNC10743.jpg

SNC10745.jpg

SNC10746.jpg

SNC10747.jpg

SNC10748.jpg

SNC10749.jpg

SNC10750.jpg

SNC10751.jpg

SNC10752.jpg

SNC10753.jpg

SNC10754.jpg

SNC10755.jpg

SNC10756.jpg

SNC10757.jpg

SNC10759.jpg

SNC10760.jpg

SNC10761.jpg

SNC10762.jpg

serial numbers ?

SNC10765.jpg

SNC10770.jpg

so ? what do you lot think ?

Franken-clunker :!:

I like it :cool: :cool: :cool: Would get rid of the grips and seat tho' ..........apart from that - no idea.

Dunno, but its cool, would make a sweet old cruiser for pottering about on, or maybe the odd vintage offroading, or hi-rise beachside flatlanding! ;)

i,ve got an old craptastic road bike and it had similar components, brakes, BB, cranks, Rear mech. and the frame looked similar. :cool:

It's a Mountain Cruiser, the bike of choice of the outward bound homosexual looking for action. There were 3 in the line up:

Cottage Cruiser - for the urban popstar. It came with a built in lock so that your bike wouldn't be stolen outside public toilets

Common Cruiser - for the closet Tory MP. Came with a sidewards mounted headlamp that gave a good view of dark bushes either side of the paths on any London common.

Mountain Cruiser - for the roughtie toughtie outdoursie Bear, came with Tartan shirt, 'Daisy Duke' cut off jean shorts and a large stick on mustache

All came with a big comfy saddle for that painful journey home and ribbed grips for his pleasure. Colour of grips, saddle and cables denoted preferences and could be mixed and matched with Red, Brown and Yellow being the most popular. Hope this helps ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

(puts on deep voice)... Nope - 'orrible bike. don't know what I ever saw in it. Definitely not for me :shock:

Latest posts

Back