Dents and dings

lumos2000

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
somthing thats been on my mind for a while now, dented frames. how much is to much? a lot of my frames have dents but they are very small and dont worry me to much. i want to know what you guys think. are they just unsitely anoyance or are they a big risk to rider safety.
it would depend on the severity and positioning of the dent but would you buy a dented frame? does it efect the ride in anyway? i have talked to a mate about fixing dents by sealing eather end of the tube and pressurizing a little then applying a bit of heat, has anyone done this? or is the fill and respray the best way to go?

Don't give it a second thought old chap, they are not "Dents and Dings" at all they are merely part of your vehicle's PATINA.

never had a problem with dents

when it touches the other side of the tube and starts to bend its time to lay it out to pasture :LOL:

a mate bent a frame so much the tyre was touching one side of the stay . kept riding it until he could afford a replacement . the dents did make bending the frame against itself easier

" ahh , i wanted to keep that ! "

" why ? look how easily its beaten flat with the lump hammer :LOL: "

Dented the downtube of my Zaskar in the first week I got it back in '93. I still ride it today.

As others have said, a few dents here and there add 'character'.

Dents

Hi mate
I would think of it as battle scars and character.
It is only an issue when selling or buying as it certainly affects price.

Jamie

they dont really bother me in the slightest, i was wonding what everyone else thinks, what got me thinking was the recent explosif on ebay.

Back