GT RTS/LTS Risse Shocks

Xizang

Saw them looks good but they are expensive

Since I purchased my STS, done some trawling through this site

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk ... Sts+spares

Really good for Bearings on STS's and LTS's. Also stocks the Trunion mount which is really hard to get hold of.

Any STS owners outhere I sourced a NOS Super Deluxe from this guy

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/chrysopraise1

It's not until you start looking for one of these shocks that you realise how hard these are to find. Think they are going to be impossible to source in the future so grab one whilst you can.

Sts Shock is the Bottom Pic LTS is the Top

Attachments

• 1ae0_1.JPG
    1ae0_1.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,655
  • Gt Coupe Delux shock.JPG
    Gt Coupe Delux shock.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,652
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
LTS's used both shocks depending on where in the range it was the cheaper got the coupe's and the more expensive got the super deluxes

Never owned an LTS so not 100% sure on that. I think the difference between the two shocks is that the Super Deluxe shocks have rebound and compression, whilst the Coupe Deluxe has rebound only.

I think the Coupe Deluxe will fit the STS but not sure of the performance

Here's a another site that has some STS parts

http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?cPat ... page=index

Hopefully this thread will become useful to people when their bike needs a rebuild or overhaul.

Good one, Is that your bike now?

Put the spec of that shock up it may be useful to someone in the future. Is that the standard trunion mount its fitting into?

Althouigh not made for the bike it may be a useful cheap fix for someone in the future :)

Here's a pic of the rear Trunion Mount on the GT STS if anyone needs to know

Attachments

• CIMG1489.JPG
    CIMG1489.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,614
Gadro":19dfvtoh said:
Good one, Is that your bike now?

Put the spec of that shock up it may be useful to someone in the future. Is that the standard trunion mount its fitting into?

Althouigh not made for the bike it may be a useful cheap fix for someone in the future :)

Here's a pic of the rear Trunion Mount on the GT STS if anyone needs to know

As far as I'm aware its the same spec as what was fitted to my '97 Marin Mt. Vision

Attachments

• CIMG1494.JPG
    CIMG1494.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 1,535
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I still have a Super DeLuxe shock left with some other LTS spare parts.
There is a difference in the Super DeLuxe shocks. The newer ones are a little longer, so your backend will rise. It's difficult to see the difference.
I'll try to make pictures, for the difference.
I have the older one left, but doens't look very good. It works, but the spring itsn't pretty anymore.

Latest posts

Back