Risse shock servicing help

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've just taken delivery of a lovely risse terminator shock, it's intended destination (subject to it fitting) is my equally lovely litespeed obed FS.

The shock is in fine cosmetic fettle, damping dials seem to work, and I've filled with air to see if it holds pressure.

I'd like to give it a service as it's been sat a while, but I've no idea how. Can I DIY? Any guidance on this? If not, anyone know who may be able to service one?

I'd like to give DIY a go if possible, as I have a genesis for my RTS and another in a sorry state (astro), but hoping I can learn on that and perhaps transplant some of it onto the RTS one, as it's the basic version and the poorly one has damping, so maybe I can update?

Any advice and guidance gratefully received.

A service of the basic model, should be enough to get you started at least.

They are quite easy to do and you can get all the kit from Risse in the US. I've just serviced a Terminator for someone else's Obed so I can offer the service if required. I use 0.25mm latex sheet in between shaft and clamps to aid in stopping spinning. Also don't clamp on the shaft section near the end cap threads.

Last edited:
100% diy as long as you can open the can (large spanner or vice needed). once it's open, it's abundantly clear how it works.

Bit of a thread resurrection...just about to order some seals from Risse and thought I'd splash out on a shaft clamp and bullet tool as have both a Genesis and a Terminator in need of a service. If anybody wants to tag some seals onto my order to save on postage let me know. I would be up for lending out the tools if needs be too.

Hi, I might be interested actually as have a couple myself. I've tried contacting them before and never got a response.

One of my shocks could do with a replacement shaft if I'm honest, I don't suppose you are in dialogue with them already and could enquire about the cost? I can get details of the shock to you if so? I'd also like a tiny screw for the damper assembly as I've lost one.

If not, no worries, I'll try and contact them again.

They are notorious for not answering e-mails. I have bought a couple of shocks from them a few years ago so have an account. Was just going to buy them online and wait for Kevin to contact as the postage would be more. But figured a bulk order would be cheaper

Just stumbled on this post and would be interested in seal sets as i've a genesis and astro 5, thanks Steve

I've contacted Risse a few times for a Champ front axle but no response, any chance on expanding the order if possible?

Latest posts

Back