Risse shock servicing help

Has this order been sent / completed yet. I've been waiting on an order from Risse for a while and it might be easier to combine it with your if still possible. Also, are the shaft clamps you ordered the 1.5"

I've contacted twice on various platforms but no response🤨..was going to try again once I had a bit of time to do so

Between my last post and your response, I rang them to check up on my order. It turned out that it had been missed once they got the part back in stock and they now had it in stock. I asked them to add shaft clamps onto the order before they posted them but due to length of the delay, they threw the shaft clamps FOC and the package arrived today. I can finally finish the rebuild of a Cannadale Super V 3000 that I started over a year ago for one of the lads at work. I gave the bike back to him a few weeks ago as a hard tail as the rear shock was the final bit to finish. I now have several full sets of seals spare for the Fox Alps 5R & Cannondale Headshok with the 5 position dial & 5/8" shaft. Had to get a few seals custom made as it was cheaper than trying to get them from the states (wiper seal & bumper for the fox & V seals for the headshok). Once I'd worked out all the seal & 'o' ring sizes, I managed to source the rest of the seals from here in the UK.

Just came across this thread whilst doing some research, wondering if anyone has come across this problem before or has any experience with fixing it.

I have a bike with a Risse Astro 5 rear shock, the shock completely collapses, even when not under load. But it holds air pressure just fine.
I can not understand why. It is an air spring shock so you would think with 100psi in the shock there would at least be some resistance. But nothing at all. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back