90's Zaskar. Anyone know the head size?

desmobob

Old School Hero
I've tried searching the forum, apologies if it's been asked before.

I don't suppose anyone would know if the steering head size on the 90's Zaskar is 1/18th.

also.... ;)

I've got what appears to be a 90's era Zaskar. I've located through various sources on 'that there Interweb' information that suggests the seat post diameter of the hand manufactured, aluminium Zaskar is 26.8mm, the larger production run Pantera, (and similar frames) - were brought in from abroad and are 27.0 and 27.2.
I just wanted to confirm that this information is indeed true as I've seen on eBay people advertising Zaskar seat posts in 27.0 and 27.2 sizes, which would suggest they're fake Zaskar’s?

:roll:

Thanks in advance.

later Zaskers were 1 1/8, can't vouch for early ones.

Also my '99 USA built Zasker had a 27.0 seatpost. In fact I've still got the sus post I used with it!

I had a 94-95 Zaskar, that had an 1 1/8 headtube, pretty sure they were all that size.

Not sure about the seatpost.

Also can confirm that they used both 27.0mm and 27.2mm seatposts on the zaskar at different times.

Chris.

I've not come across anything other than a 1 1/8" head tube Zaskar - but that doesn't mean they might not be out there!

Yup, the head tube was always 1 1/8" and the seattube diameter was 27.0mm on early Zaskars. Don't know where you read that they were 26.8mm, but I've never seen a Zaskar with that size post.

Pickle":psq9en1p said:
Russell":psq9en1p said:
Don't know where you read that they were 26.8mm, but I've never seen a Zaskar with that size post.

Both of mine are that ;)

Really? Geeky thread time :) What years are they? Wonder when they changed?

Russell":3bcllojc said:
Pickle":3bcllojc said:
Russell":3bcllojc said:
Don't know where you read that they were 26.8mm, but I've never seen a Zaskar with that size post.

Both of mine are that ;)

Really? Geeky thread time :) What years are they? Wonder when they changed?

:LOL:

My 1992, and the 1990 one I did up and recently sold.

Back