Plucking up the gumption to go out in the snow Baiku...

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hmm. Need to ride. Snow has started. Lots of it. Hmm. Need to ride. Will continue Baiku if and when I return. :?

camelbak frozen, check. gear cables frozen & limited gears, check. trails frozen solid with only summer like levels of drag, check! :D

normal winter ride then ;)

went out side looked at bike, felt crap, felt cold, went back in and stuck loads of car bits on ebay it's tried to snow a few times but like the idea of me getting out on my bike it gave up :LOL:

Did 2 hours his morning, thought I'd have to have some toes amputated because of frostbite. Wasn't snowing when I left but by the time I was at the top of the hill it started coming down. Cold.

Although Scant is right, it is nice that the trails are frozen solid so there is no real mud to speak of which means minimal after ride cleaning and no slogs up muddy hills/sticky trails :)

Being the first person to ride through frozen puddles is cool too.. 'scrunch'!

Russell":34f4czqh said:
Did 2 hours his morning, thought I'd have to have some toes amputated because of frostbite. '!

get some of the specific winter type spd shoes. i'm using the shimano mw80s & my feet were toasty for the 5hr ride... & I normally suffer with cold hands & feet.

I have Specialized Defrosters - always get slatted in the mags but I love them, very comfortable & warm.

Back