Townsend Warlord !!!!!

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
There has been discussions in the past about about elevated chainstay bikes and how just about every bike manufacturer has tried making one. Well I never thought Townsend would have tried but on my internet trawls I came across the Warlord.

Roughly what period of bike development did e-stays appear and disapear just so I can get an idea when this behemoth was around.

Looked ok'ish but i suspect was very not :roll:

Some manufacturers really did not know when to not bother :roll:

velomaniac":urxkt07e said:
There has been discussions in the past about about elevated chainstay bikes and how just about every bike manufacturer has tried making one. Well I never thought Townsend would have tried but on my internet trawls I came across the Warlord.

Roughly what period of bike development did e-stays appear and disapear just so I can get an idea when this behemoth was around.

Looked ok'ish but i suspect was very not :roll:

Some manufacturers really did not know when to not bother :roll:

I used to sell these bitd. As you say they looked nice but as they were made of gas pipe the ride was interesting! :LOL: I don't think I've ever seen a BB flex as much without the frame being broken! :shock:

If it's made by Townsend then it will be shit, it will have also come later on in the lifespan of estays as they would have been the last to eventually jump on the bandwagon. They weren't an estay company, they were a fashion bike company and hence it would have ridden like shite rather than a well designed bike.

I used to work for townsend as there lorry driver back in 1993 ish and i can confirm ALL townsend bikes are complete shite. They used to do a roaring trade in factory seconds they where that bad :LOL:

50 bikes on a delivery, 40 returned as faulty, then resold as seconds. Cheapo Taiwan frames imported over here then built up in a factory that resembled a drug rehab facility. Excellent place to work if only they hadn't gone bust :LOL:

exbiker":2lyd2zow said:
I used to work for townsend as there lorry driver back in 1993 ish and i can confirm ALL townsend bikes are complete shite. They used to do a roaring trade in factory seconds they where that bad :LOL:

50 bikes on a delivery, 40 returned as faulty, then resold as seconds. Cheapo Taiwan frames imported over here then built up in a factory that resembled a drug rehab facility. Excellent place to work if only they hadn't gone bust :LOL:

thats 1 of the funniest posts i've ever read :)

my missus still has one rotting in her mums garage. weighs a ton. built from pig iron i reckon. lol. i can confirm tho that she hasnt ridden it for many a year now. to be honest i wouldnt be seen dead with her on it........

Back