• Scratched

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Ken

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Crack or Scratch?

I've never had a dale before and I was going to make a hack bike from this until Markku needed a new build.

So as I was checking it over for him, I came across this crack on her rear :LOL: ...dropout.

I think it is a scratch but can't be sure, I don't want to sell a damaged frame. I think it is in a stange place for a crack.

Attachments

• dale-bits.jpg
    dale-bits.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 1,268
  • dale-full.jpg
    dale-full.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 1,268
difficult to say but the cable sawing the bottom bracket shell in half isnt helping matters :roll:

You'll have to take the paint off to know for definite,and look closely at the ends.
If you have a macro on your camera ,use that,it can be very handy for looking very closely,use the flash and zoom to max

doen't look great but I agree take the paint off with some nitromores and see what it looks like from there.

My Cannondale is off to get welded (maybe) tomorrow, feckin cannondales :evil:

Hard to say around the f/mech, could be cable scratched. And ditto on the BB. Needs a guide, but all a bit pointless really, as I'm so sorry dude, that dropout is FUBAR. . . :cry:

stew-b":3qwe9b5k said:
difficult to say but the cable sawing the bottom bracket shell in half isnt helping matters :roll:

:D ...I took off the cable guide to check the serial number.

thanks guys - not quite what I wanted to here, it is just the dropout I am worried about, the rest is just paint scratches, I guess it's time to get the nitromors out but it doesn't look good.

Not quite - it was the whole bike :D

I got it for the alivio and stx parts to port to my sons bike when I find a nice small frame.

I was going to sell the frame for £30 once I had stripped it, which I thought was fair.

All this has done is reinforce my opinion that Alu is not a good frame material... (I'll await the hail now)

Back