Retro handlebars - help me identify these

packer

Retro Newbie
Hello all,

Back in the early 90's there used to be a handlebar available which was totally straight (no bend whatsoever) and had a shim in the middle where the stem clamped it instead of a bulge (i.e. it had no bulge whatsoever either).

Can anyone remember who made these? I thought maybe it was USE or Pace but I can't seem to find any reference to them anywhere and i really want to get hold of one now.

If you have a silver one buried in the garage somewhere that you want to sell please let me know, not too bothered about the condition.

Cheers,
P

Sounds like possibly the USE ones from the 90's where you could also add the USE bar ends using the integral mounts.
Like these

Attachments

• use.jpg
    use.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,289
I think i had an x-lite titanium bar that was dead straight and had a shim in the middle.

The syncros one was the gorilla, though IIRC there was an earlier one, one of the first syncros bars?

kaiser":2c2l6p8e said:
The syncros one was the gorilla, though IIRC there was an earlier one, one of the first syncros bars?
yep, think you're correct, they made a straight bar in 1989 (standard equipment on most high end Koga Miyata's here in Holland bitd)

chris667":utu2b3wj said:
That looks like it would be murder to use.

No they aren't possibly the comfiest handlebar/bar end combo I've ever used. So good I still use them and have a good collection of spares in the loft

Back