What Makes the ultimate Retro MTB??????

stejamhas

Dirt Disciple
Could someone please define what make the ultimate Retro bike?

Does the bike have to be as the original manufactures speciation?

Do all anodised parts have to be the same colour?

Can it be built as you like?

Do all parts have to be in top condition no chips scratches?

Can the bike be re-sprayed?

Steve
:cool:

Ohhh, can of worms question! :LOL:

The ultimate retro bike, IMO, is whatever makes you happy ;)

each to their own! A lot of the ultimate top drawer rigs were frame only anyway, so it had to be a pick and mix by default. General period correcteness is often desirable, but themes such as colour or manufacturer are often important for particular builds (i.e, all ringlé/ grafton, or full syncros etc etc). Tell us what you have in mind. . .

Pickle":2mjtxs67 said:
Ohhh, can of worms question! :LOL:

The ultimate retro bike, IMO, is whatever makes you happy ;)

Thats the best answer :D

Yep, totally subjective and depends on the person building it. Some like the catalogue spec, others like upgrade bling while others like the fact that they have owned the bits since new.

For me, that is what keeps this site interesting - the many different ways that Retro is interpreted. If it were all about one way, then it would have been done perfectly by now - all the Explosifs would be clad in XTR, the GTs in anodising, the Fat Chances in rustproofing and the Kleins would all have been melted down ;)

Do your own thing and give us all a new take on an old bike.

Retro=Backache

The more backache the more retro it is. Bank account also a good indicator, no money left... very retro and mission complete!

based on what i've seen i'd say carsten, ashok, noah, dave locke, kai, peteMcC etc etc all build the ultimate retro bikes ;)

Back