Is this okay ?

magicmistertea

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Is this okay ? (see attached pic)
i have changed my bb spindle to fit my cooks cranks, its a 130mm spindle out of a pinnacle
they dont seem to fit all the way on to the spindle,
the sad thing is im afraid to ride my bike now in case i feck the tapers on my cranks !!! :cry:
if i need a different spindle, does anyone have the right one ? if not what length do i need ?
cheers andy

Attachments

• IMG_2544.JPG
    IMG_2544.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,561
looks fine...I don't know of any cranks that totally cover the taper on a BB spindle when mounted. Did you torque it down? What's more important is the drive side and the chainline....how the front chainrings line up with the cassette in the rear and whether or not you can into all the gears in the rear without any front derailleur/shifting issues.

this is my cooks on a 127.5 shimano BB if this helps?

111020081084.jpg

Don't over torque your cooks cranks,snapped one in the past from this,doh!

ctk .... i removed a 125mm because the outer chainring would touch the frame if i fitted the cooks.

stew b.... yes thanks it does help, yours looks to be on the spindle much better than mine.

gm123???.... the chainline is okay, i can get in to all gears but as im running a shortcage mech things are very tight in extreme gear combinations... but you dont use those anyway..

mjn...... i know cooks are quite delicate so im quite carefull with them thanks.

anyone got a 128mm spindle ?
i need to get it right...... its a pain in the ass to change press fit bbs :x

it's the taper that matters here, not the spindle length. has been asked before but how much of the taper on the spindle is covered by the crank arm i.e. how far is the crank arm on the spindle? shouldnt be more than say 2mm unfilled crank arm left. then it doesnt really matter how much taper is still visible on the other side. otherwise it's the wrong taper for the cranks.

carsten

Carsten":2m07d56n said:
it's the taper that matters here, not the spindle length. has been asked before but how much of the taper on the spindle is covered by the crank arm i.e. how far is the crank arm on the spindle? shouldnt be more than say 2mm unfilled crank arm left. then it doesnt really matter how much taper is still visible on the other side. otherwise it's the wrong taper for the cranks.

carsten

when i take the crank bolts out.... they have got about 4mm more to go, between the end of the taper and end of the taper on the cranks.
so which sort of spindle do i need to get these fecking cooks cranks to fit ? (not a 125mm spindle or a 130mm spindle) tried those.
will the cranks defo work on a 128mm spindle ?
if i buy one... and they dont fit...... im going to go mad and sell the whole set up !!!!

the length of the axle is irrelavent,you need a different taper,i think there are a few standards,check sheldon brown out.....

Back