Is this okay ?

stew-b":2n495ng3 said:
the length of the axle is irrelavent,you need a different taper,i think there are a few standards,check sheldon brown out.....

okay i will check it out, cheers.
the cooks cranks seemed to fit on the 125mm taper axle fine. i did need a longer axle as the outer chainring touched the chainstay with the 125mm axle, i fitted the 130mm axle and the cranks dont seem to fit on as much... but the outer ring doesnt touch the chainstay anymore....
im confused :?
i will try to find more info...... i have tried and was reccomended a longer axle, i have now tried that and i thought id ask the experts on here :)

but this problem is peeing me off a bit now, all that money and im afraid to ride it !! :oops:
anyone else running cooks cranks with a rascal ?
what spindle are ypu guys using ?

the spindle length is important and 130mm sounds ok for the Cooks BUT there are spindles with different sized TAPERS out there. likewise there are cranks with different tapers. you obviously got a crank that doesn't fit on the spindle and thus you need a spindle of that same length but with a different taper.

http://sheldonbrown.com/bbtaper.html

the only other scenario i can think of is that the end of the spindle is bent. is the problem the same on both sides?

carsten

magicmistertea":25yrgk8w said:
stew-b":25yrgk8w said:
the length of the axle is irrelavent,you need a different taper,i think there are a few standards,check sheldon brown out.....

the cooks cranks seemed to fit on the 125mm taper axle fine. i did need a longer axle as the outer chainring touched the chainstay with the 125mm axle, i fitted the 130mm axle and the cranks dont seem to fit on as much... but the outer ring doesnt touch the chainstay anymore....
i will try to find more info...... i have tried and was reccomended a longer axle, i have now tried that and i thought id ask the experts on here :)

but this problem is peeing me off a bit now, all that money and im afraid to ride it !! :oops:

Carsten":3m7o3nuo said:
the spindle length is important and 130mm sounds ok for the Cooks BUT there are spindles with different sized TAPERS out there. likewise there are cranks with different tapers. you obviously got a crank that doesn't fit on the spindle and thus you need a spindle of that same length but with a different taper.

http://sheldonbrown.com/bbtaper.html

the only other scenario i can think of is that the end of the spindle is bent. is the problem the same on both sides?

carsten

magicmistertea":3m7o3nuo said:
stew-b":3m7o3nuo said:

yea the problem is the same on both sides.... i might try riding it very gently and hoping for the best !!! :oops:

Personally I wouldnt ride it if you are unsure- you are talking bout £££ here!

Maybe you could just swop the big chainring for one with less teeth? and go back to the 125mm axle...

CTK":xr7uo43w said:
Personally I wouldnt ride it if you are unsure- you are talking bout £££ here!

Maybe you could just swop the big chainring for one with less teeth? and go back to the 125mm axle...

i had a 46 tooth on the 125mm axle,
finding a coloured chainring thats 110bcd and has lets say 44 teeth... Allmost impossible !! :cry:
i have seen many kleins on here with cooks.... so i think as carston and stew b said........ its the taper that is different, so yea i thinbk you are right about the £££ thing, maybe i will change the axle AGAIN :evil:
cheers

Back