Best Mag - Old or new.

KevinPP

Retro Newbie
Being a newbie this may have been discussed already, but what was the best MTB mag now or then?
My vote goes to Max MTB. Great mag. Always featured proper MTB`ing mixed with a smattering of new gear. MBR first few were good too. Still got the free videos. Shame I don`t have a player any more.

thats a hard one,new mags offer so much info etc as did old ones but theyre really cool to look back on like saturday evening at peaks pub. :? :? :?

ill say old ones are better but if you ride modern then new ones,all are good depending on rider influences etc :?

BITD I always liked MTB Pro... still got the full collection in the loft :oops:

Was gutted when it finished. As for now I'm mostly reading STW.

I like "Bike" because the writing has always been excellent. abut the only one that's ever made me want to get out and ride.
Dropped off a bit a couple of years back although it has picked up a bit of late

I don't or never really did bother with the Mags so much. MBUK was alright in the early days, and i will buy Singletrack every now and then if Im in town. Can't beat t'internet based sites like this for bike craic nowadays- mags are a dying thing now anyway.
Ever so slightly sideways from topic- a mate dropped off a pile of 70's Street Machine and Custom Car mags last week. Every third page is an advert for Cigarettes and every other page has pert breasts and big pants on it- hardly a car in sight! The 70's were great times. Maybe if MBUK had more breasts and less Doddy we would buy it again?

Si

Definitely MTB Pro for me. Intelligent writing, right mixture of reviews from 'budget" to "jewellery". Oh and the first place I saw a Fuquay. Seen very few since and still haven't got one. :cry:

It left MBUK well behind. Shame it didn't last; probably too highbrow for the kids. :(

I think mtb mags have got way better over the past few years when I look back at old MBUks and stuff they seem a bit boring but intesting retrospectively. Mainly read Dirt Mountain Bike Magazine as its more my scene :) MBUK is ok reviews are good and covers all aspects. Singletrack abit too XC for me but well written and nice pics. MBR (yawn) so boring i'm falling asleep thinking about it :LOL:

I only buy DIRT now. Usually has loads of great pictures and decent journalism.

I picked up the first 20 odd issues of DIRT from @bay for £6 GREAT reading!! :D

Back