Best Mag - Old or new.

I thought I was going to be the only Max fan, at least there`s one other.(if maybe a little biased)
I guess I started reading it around 97-98, up until it stopped, must have been around 2001? Sadly threw out all but one copy a few years ago. Used to like the fact they featured wierd and wonderful readers bikes, their routes were always well written and photographed, and they had some good features that the average MTD`er could relate to.

MTB Pro,

Proper size, proper glossy, proper smart!

Al. :D i just like the proper.

Bicycle Action and Bicycle; both were there at the dawn of MTBing in the UK and give that "Its new and exciting" feeling when flicked through even now. MTB Pro was good while it lasted and I still have the first issues of MBi and MBUK[bit of a comic imho]
He he Dr S, I used to have Custom Car mag; my Mom hated having to pick it up from the newsagent!! :oops: No nips on todays magazine covers of course! ;)

kaiser":6myyqxcc said:
dyna-ti":6myyqxcc said:
I stopped reading them,ok an occasional peek to see the developments,but theres never any retro stuff in there :(

This months MBUK has a good article on JMC and.........features a retro biker ;)

Anyone?????

lookin for a guess

dyna-ti":3gqcuwlk said:
kaiser":3gqcuwlk said:
kaiser":3gqcuwlk said:
dyna-ti":3gqcuwlk said:
I stopped reading them,ok an occasional peek to see the developments,but theres never any retro stuff in there :(

This months MBUK has a good article on JMC and.........features a retro biker ;)

Anyone?????

lookin for a guess
Go on then

d'ya want a clue?

SJD":27pclaoz said:
I used to get every issue of MBUK (started with issue 2 but then got issue 1 on back order). Read it for must have been about 10 years. Now, getting back into bikes after a long lay off, it seems to have changed or maybe I've just grown up (surely not!!!! :LOL: ).

Does anyone remember Mountain Biker International? (I think that was the right title) It was back in the 'old days' LOL! :cool:

Going slightly OT - anyone else still got a copy of the 'Mountain Biking Handbook' by Barry Ricketts?

I used to buy MBUK and MBI around 1991 - 1995. First time I'd looked at a new issue of MBUK for years when I picked one up last week. Was nice to see the article about Jason McRoy.

I always found MBI a bit more serious, but quite liked it. Is it my memory going, or did it have a different name before MBI (or change from MBI to something else)? I've just found a site that shows some of the front covers.

http://www.payhost.net/magazineexchange/acatalog/Mountain_Biker_International.html

Back