On behalf of Dr.Jo, what's this bike?

regan_ev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
Photo lifted from Summit 26 MTB Classic Facebook page, where I'd 'liked' it and Jo asked what it is. With no answer forthcoming, I have to post here. Quite pretty and some lovely details. These are the only two pics I can find.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 973
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 973
Update:
I used the search function and found this, in a locked topic from 2013 so I can't quote from it or link to the post. Seems like no answers were gotten back then either...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 958
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 958
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 959
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 959
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 959
Re:

hi drjo and regan, retro junkie here.
it is very similar in many respects to some oranges apart from the rear bottom stays and the forward facing seat clamp i think. my own ultimate prestige that you viewed at the icon-o does not have mounts for the fixing of a rear rack on the rear wheel stays,also where the t bone runs down from the seat post incorporating the brake cable mount there is some form of butting on mine not like the straight run of the bike pictured.
if im not mistaken which is most likely were some trek singletrack frames and muddy fox couriers like this,whats throwing me is the forward facing seat clamp.
on another note regan ev your bikes at the icon-o blew me away, felt like i should of paid a fee just to view them. :p :p :p also took the sbike out for a maiden run on saturday,so sweet and quick :p

Thanks retro junkie (I've forgotten your name sorry! :oops: I really want to call you Brian because of your Brian Rourke, but I know that's not it :LOL:)
It's an intriguing looking frame, I like your ideas in its origins. :) And thanks for the kind comments on mine. :cool:

Just Jacques, that's cool! I think Dr.Jo will be on the hunt for one now!

god I love this frameset and colorway...... in some ways it's pretty similar to my NOS 92 Haro escape, the tubing was made in the usa but the frames were built in Japan. Considering this bikes history it looks to me to be a japanese made frame for a company trying to break into the mtb market. Whoever designed it threw all the best ideas they could into producing a well specced off the peg machine in shocking pink and blue, my new favourite retrobike colorway.........

It is the Rocky Mountain design of frame, made wherever they were made (probably still Toyo iirc)
It looks to be ~1992

Muddy Fox and Bike-Tech also then started to use the design, so maybe some link with Araya/Toyo. Could be a rebranded generic Araya/Toyo/A-Pro frame at that point, this one was made in Taiwan which would hint at A-Pro ?

Back