I've decided that.... (you ain't gonna like this....)

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
....I REALLY need to get back into my Minis....

Many moons ago I started a club and it went from strength to strength, still exists in fact, and a few mates are still really into it, looking back through old photos tonight while trying to make a 'collage' and it's no good, I need another Mini, and all the social life that goes with it....

So why post here and not in off topic chat....??

Because....the bikes will have to go. I'll keep one, but which one....?

The choices are....

a) Breezer Storm 1996 (see signature)

b) Kona Cindercone 1995 (see signature)

c) GT Zaskar 1996 (see viewtopic.php?f=6&t=347178)

For what it's worth, Zaskar is too big, Cindy is too knackered and has rust issues covered by my art work, and Breezer is perfect....can you see where this is going....

really?
Guess you want to keep the breezer then but I say keep the kona too. Chances are its something that you would appreciate more than anyone else with it being such a one off personalised build.

Why do the bikes have to go, space or money? (if you don't mind my nosey interfering)
Minis are small, surely you can manage bikes and toy cars?

That said, everyone should have a garage full of mini, anyone who hasn't at some point done so is failing. Been there in my yoof, would love to again really but have neither the time nor space to play with cars right now. Mini would be top of my list too, for what its worth.

Anyway, I hope you stay around the forum though!

Re:

After reading the first line, I thought you meant skirts! :LOL:

Then I thought, how bad can she look in one? :facepalm: :LOL:

If you can only have one, make it the Breezer. Konas are common as hell, Zaskars attractive to the light fingered, possibly.
Who, outside of cycling enthusiasts, has even heard of Breezer? One of the more desirable bikes to own, but that's only my opinion

Mike

Re:

I think you have answered your own question :)

I used to be part of the Mini scene, I had quite a few of the 'wee beasties'

Pictures of the Mini please

Re:

It's money, as always Rick! :LOL:

Self employed and with not enough to feed myself sometimes, it's probably all a really bad idea. Have mates who could probably find/sell me a really cheap Mini, can sort out the car port so it's under cover, it should carry on appreciating, won't have to spend on it when times are hard, at least it'll be safe under there...

But....won't leave much room for anything else! Breezer could just about live indoors with me at a push, or I could sort some type of hanging storage, Kona can get stripped and I'll keep the frame/forks, again that can be hung up off the beam....

It's all a bit of a pipe dream at the mo, can't see any decisions being made fast so I will get the Zaskar finished, especially as I've picked up some Bologna forks for it now. I kind of want to go with the flow on this, so maybe the right car will just drift into my line of vision and I'll make some choices then about the bikes.

Re:

Minis are fun whatever the age/condition/spec and I often find myself trawling ebay with a hint of nostalgia :cool:

Just keep an eye out for bulk buy deals on Rust Killer ;)

Re:

Do I look like the kind of girl who wears a skirt? :LOL: (It's one of my proudest boasts, that I don't own a dress or a skirt...)

Rust, yes....it will have a lot in common with the Cindy! Will dig out some photos tonight, of the previous 22 I've owned.... :facepalm: In the same box with those pics I found some of my old bikes, always went hand in hand, minis and bikes, always been an obsession.

Back