Courier issue

66 triumph daytona

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Has anyone else had problems with incompetent/lazy courier companies,Im having a mare of a time with dpd.At the end of July I had a component sent from Austria to my address in Ireland.Mid August and Im getting concerned so I email the sender,he emails dpd and it turns out that the parcel was on its way back to the sender as they couldnt find my address(a first for me-over 10 years at this address).Obviously the driver couldnt be arsed,so sent it back.Anyhow,I mailed dpd and on Aug 16th I got an email saying that the parcel was well on its way back to Austria.I email my buddy in Austria this evening(Sept 5th) and he still hasnt received it.Unreal,Im seeking legal advice tomorrow. :evil:

Nightmare with Myherpes and have refused to ever buy from anyone threatening to use them. Cheap and convenient to arrange collections or drop off at their collection point but utterly cack at delivering.

They try to deliver three times before returning the package. There's no depot to collect from. There's no way of scheduling a delivery for an appropriate time. There's no way of tracking the parcel so that you can at least take the day off to ensure you're in the next time they try to deliver.

When they tried to deliver to me apparently two of their attempted deliveries were on the same day :facepalm:

Avoid them!

I think a lot of the problems with couriers comes down to the individual delivery drivers. Perhaps the more well known established companies are more selective in their recruitment policies and therefore have less rogue employees though!

Tad":2fjuap1o said:
Nightmare with Myherpes and have refused to ever buy from anyone threatening to use them. Cheap and convenient to arrange collections or drop off at their collection point but utterly cack at delivering.

They try to deliver three times before returning the package. There's no depot to collect from. There's no way of scheduling a delivery for an appropriate time. There's no way of tracking the parcel so that you can at least take the day off to ensure you're in the next time they try to deliver.

When they tried to deliver to me apparently two of their attempted deliveries were on the same day :facepalm:

Avoid them!

Agree with you 100%. It took them 2 days to collect the small packet, 2 days for it to get to their 'hub'. Then the card that comes through the door has the drivers mobile number which turns out to be unavailable for two days. I texted twice before finally I rang again and got an answer from a rather unhelpful driver who would deliver it the next day (Saturday) "sometime after 12 o'clock." 6.30pm it arrived. Terrible service - Avoid them.

michael franks":18cfdt7f said:
Then the card that comes through the door has the drivers mobile number

You obviously got the premium service, mine was left blank :roll:

Hermes are the Devil's own couriers, I refuse now to buy anything that is going to be sent by them. I had exactly the same problem with the mobile phone contact for the deliverer. I was particularly pished off that the card said "Call X to arrange a re-delivery" now Satan's Handmaiden who answered would only condescend to deliver the next day and wouldn't leave it with a neighbour and yes before you all ask he had made the first and second delivery attempt on the same day [Two cards waiting for me when I arrived home from work, one cleverly was not dated but it hadn't been there when I left home that morning...]. No other way to get in touch with Hermes except sending a letter [Received but never replied to, I know as I sent it recorded] to their head office. Conveniently for them they are not a member of the Postal Redress Service either. So if they can't or won't sort out your complaint you'll just have to beat a path to your local solicitors...

I've found Parcelforce to be usually very good, but like the Royal Mail in general, when they occassionally get it wrong they get it spectacularly wrong. They don't seem to have any middle ground!

dpd have passed the buck to Hermes eventhough it was their driver`s laziness that caused the problem.Im taking it up with the Small Claims Court.

Back