klein pulse 1995 original factory gator linear fade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tifishlips#1

Dirt Disciple
i suspect you've heard about me already in the other posts so here is the truth:

if i wanted to see how much money i would make on this bike i would simply place it on ebay internationally and take the highest bidder

instead i would rather hook up someone who would really appreciate this bike that may not have the klein buying power that others may have on ebay

i chose retrobike because it is close to my homeland of ireland and i'd like to see someone from the british isles or close thereof have this bike

i'm planning on posting it in your classifieds first before i go to ebay for this reason

however, i'm not going to deal with aggressive members anymore for any reason whatsoever i have already been verbally taunted, name called, and misled by several members. anymore smack talking posts and verbal threats are going straight to a real moderator u dont like me, go away and let me deal with a person who can

i have what i have because i climb trees and cut them down everyday for a living i save my money and i buy and build bikes all of my bikes (22) have some sort of road or mountain bike history to them its my hobby so take the spoiled rich boy out of your equation i'd say i'm more like willy wonka than a tool or troll or whatever i'm made out to be

this is in response to all the members who have viewed and responded to my previous posts in other places, which i posted unknowingly in the wrong discussion forum because i am a new member here in the forum the retro bike before mid 1990s sure seemed like a logical place to start

now the bike:

this particular bike, the "pulse" i have is an unusual machine its met with skepticism everytime i ride it and talk about it and show it for 2 reasons here in the states 1) trek bicycles ran the pulse model into the ground here and they are seen as inferior bikes its a nasty stigmatism that i blame trek for. i often get laughed at until the truth comes out and then everyone gets real quiet but it is a burdon to have to constantly defend what you have 2) this is an original factory paint on this bike and most people who are familiar with kleins cannot fathom the thought that there is a possible bike out there like this one

ordered in march of 1994 from steve's cycles of rocky mount north carolina, usa the frame took over a year before it was delivered i finally got it in march of 1995 the reason it took so long is because the frame they made for me had the notorious zip grip seatpost clamp thay discarded that frame and built one with the traditional seat clamp it also took so long because i custom ordered gator linear fade paint

as u know, 1993 was the last year gator paint was offered as a paint option in any way. in 1994 klein went with new decals and paint options in order to get the gator paint, my dealer contacted klein and they first denied my request, however, my dealer, who dealt kleins for over 10 years, sweet talked the klein reps in the order department into transferring him over to the paint department where he spoke personally to the painters who used to do the gator paints the painter agreed to mix a new batch for this frame - and i payed for the custom paint

when the painter finished the frame, he took a black magic marker and signed the inside of the head tube and also wrote "i (heart sign) cindy"
there is only one klein painter in the world who had a girlfriend named "cin" i'll let you figure out who the painter was since there seems to be an overwhelming amount of klein know it alls around here

now, i have heard but not verified, that the painter took the leftovers of the paint and sprayed a smaller frame also the last i heard, the frame was used as a park ranger bike somewhere in california and that it also had a "police" decal embossed into the paint also other than that, THIS IS THE ONLY CHEHALIS WASHINGTON KLEIN FACTORY HAND MADE KLEIN PULSE WITH FACTORY PAINTED GATOR LINEAR FADE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD

here is the serial number K21P0295128
this means its a klein size 21"
P02 is the paint reference
95 is the year
and it was the 128th frame made

now, there are only so many pulses that were made out of those, there were only so many custom factory upgraded paints performed out of those, this is the only one painted gator linear fade i did this on purpose because i really liked that color from 1993, honestly, i really didn't think about just how rare of a bike it was when i ordered it

i'm not going to give it away, but i will consider reasonable offers from members here i don't want a bidding war, i just want someone who will appreciate what this is and also someone who is willing to put up with all the smack that people are going to give you when you own it

go find another one, and i'm not saying this to taunt people, what i mean is, go do some searching and research you will never find another one

UNLESS it is an imposter i am well aware of the fact that people repaint these things, i don't agree with doing this because i think these classic frames need to stay in their original condition mainly to protect rare originals like this bike, or the rainforest adroit, or whatever other custom color that a genuine klein painter created

not sure if u can just send me private messages here or not then we do not have to play it out in a forum discussion

go to my gallery to see pics

also i'm considering selling my toxic tuna as well in the same manner so you can check that one out as well

thanks Tifishlips#1

Hi,

If you want to sell a bike here we ask two things.

One, you list it in the classifieds section here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Two, it has a price as per the rules > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17697

I understand to a degree why you are trying to sell your bicycle this way, however we must be fair and consistent as I'm sure you'd agree.

If you want to sell using the free classifieds here put it in the right place and give it a price.

Oh, and there are plenty of members from the US and worldwide on here, this is not just a UK site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back