Can we be told in advance about BOTM?

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I mean that the special months could be set out in advance so we know how much time we have to finish special builds? E.g I might have built a bike quicker if I had known a particular month was coming up. OR I could save entering it in a normal month (and be swamped by the Kleins ;-) ) if I knew a month where it would fit the brief perfectly was coming up.

Just a thought - I fully expect John to say he makes it up month by month, which is cool anyway!!

Rob Atkin":20swvcj0 said:
E.g I might have built a bike quicker if I had known a particular month was coming up.

Opinion only, but if entering a special BOTM is a prime motivator for finishing a build then it doesn't say much about the bike or the owners passion for it.

Yes some build take years to find the right parts but if the bike is worthy of a special month just throw a few parts at it and submit it. :cool:

andrewl":7njd0ku6 said:
Opinion only, but if entering a special BOTM is a prime motivator for finishing a build then it doesn't say much about the bike or the owners passion for it.

Harshly put.

But I think I sort of agree with you.

it'd lead to people building bikes for specific botms.

there's nothing worse than seeing a BOTM being taken apart again shortly after, apart from seeing them unridden

andrewl":18l927xf said:
Opinion only, but if entering a special BOTM is a prime motivator for finishing a build then it doesn't say much about the bike or the owners passion for it

I have to say, I agree with this too.

Fair point. I was kinda hoping someone would say "we already have it, click here"! Doesn't really affect me TBH, it was just a tiny thought I had. I don't get them often so I thought I'd share it. ;-)

cce":2psprwha said:
it'd lead to people building bikes for specific botms.

there's nothing worse than seeing a BOTM being taken apart again shortly after, apart from seeing them unridden

Yes I suppose the people with lots of bikes or cash could just buy a frame in advance and chuck all their fancy kit on for the competition, and it may never be ridden. Nothing better than seeing a BOTM or BOTY being ridden regularly - and kept and cherished by it's owner.

It would be a bad idea in balance.

andrewl":4x0fravc said:

Totally agree, and I don't think it's harsh.

cce":2kb4yilr said:
there's nothing worse than seeing a BOTM being taken apart again shortly after

Saw that happen recently. Parts from one entry were all for sale within 2 weeks of the contest ending. Gotta shake your head at that.

Latest posts

Back