What do I hang on a Pace RC200 ?

uk gearmuncher

Retro Guru
I've finally got round to getting hold of a Pace RC200 F6. It's easy to say hang period gear on it but with this frame in particular, seems like it needs more careful considerations. Even a standard syncros stem looks dull and feels like you're selling it short.

Do you have any tips for how I should build mine up ?

Keep it period but upgraded. XTR group but an uprated chainset, maybe some hope hubs and mavic ceramic rims. Grafton bb, if you can find one the PACE stems are really nice. I have RC36 Evos on my F8 and fin they really suit the bike.

tonybrown5":1dr1xlis said:
Keep it period but upgraded. XTR group but an uprated chainset, maybe some hope hubs and mavic ceramic rims. Grafton bb, if you can find one the PACE stems are really nice. I have RC36 Evos on my F8 and fin they really suit the bike.

Luckily I bought a set of pace hubbed wheels this morning so thats covered. I've got an old silver USE seatpost somewhere but I think either some colour or a carbon fibre one would look better ?

Re:

Pace or X-Lite Fly stem.
Renthal, USE or X-Lite bars
USE or X-Lite seatpost
Middleburn or Hope BB
Middleburn cranks & rings or STX with Pace RC21 spider adapter & Pace rings
RC36 fork.

Or whatever the hell you like... It's your bike. :D :cool:

Re:

Do something different? Most pace builds look a little formulaic and similar. Great if you have an early rc100 but I think the f6 wears modern parts well.

If I could get one, it be tempted to go with some 32mm stanchion pace or dt Swiss forks, modern (ish) gearing. Brakes and hubs I'd go hope, they are good, serviceable and in keeping with the Brit parts list. Hope or Middleburn cranks are an obvious choice, but a nice set of ht2 cranks would not look out of place, maybe some race Face?

I'd probably go with some Thompson finishing kit, just because it's nice, but a carbon post and bar would look great, stem too.

Given the F6 allows disc mounting you could go that route?

M970 XTR, Middleburn cranks, Hope hubs and discs, Pace stem, USE Post, X-Lite bars.

British build but with modern abilities.

Back