Worrying my bike may be too big

Re:

I've just lowered my stem height and it seems to have made a big difference. I feel I can lift my front end a lot easier now and the frame doesn't feel so big. I'm pretty comfortable I'm just not used to having a saddle set so low. I guess that means I can trim its length shorter.

Post photo of bike, the amount of seatpost showing can give indication of correct sizing or not.

Roughly frame size is height divided by 3 for rad frame, subtract 5 in for mtb.

At 5 ft 6 that is less than 17 in.

19 is more than recommended.

here is the height of the seat currently.
1D55BB9A-3CCC-4760-B087-7B7C3FA96290.jpg

The frame is [much] too B-I-G for you! :)

You can 'make' it fit by putting on a short tall stem or having a piddly seatpost but it's the wrong size.

I've got more seat pin showing on my (level top tube) road bike.

That's one, or possibly two sizes too big.
At 5´6" you're probably right on the limit of a 16/17" frame.

Re:

To be honest I've been out on it quite a few times this week and I'm happy with the sizing now. I did measure myself without shoes and socks lol.

Re: Re:

Perrin21":2toineru said:
To be honest I've been out on it quite a few times this week and I'm happy with the sizing now. I did measure myself without shoes and socks lol.
I do think you need a bit more post showing on your bike though. At least an inch or two.

Pop in for a test ride if you're passing. Note post :mrgreen:
IMG_7213_edited_zpsmmsw1vyy.jpg

Re:

Very very simple equation here, stand on the floor with the top tube between your legs, do you have any clearance between the top tube and you dangly bits :?: If the answer is no or just a tiny bit it is TOO BIG :!: :!: :!: ;)

Latest posts

Back