rarest bike/frame

Re:

If bespoke bikes count then......... I recently picked up an AENDE mtb frame. I've only ever seen one other.

Shame it's a bit on the small side for me !

Re:

There's a difference between rare and desirable. What are we talking here?

I mentioned it on a similar thread before but I think some of the rarest production bikes these days will be the top end bikes from the big boys.

Since I've been on this site I've seen more Yeti C-26's then 1990 Marin Team's, the later Orange Formula's or Ridgeback Ti's.

I think things that are one offs or custom builds aren't rare in the same sense as limited run production bikes.

If a bloke builds something in his shed, it's not rare, its a one-off. If a company that builds 10,000 bikes a year does a series of 500, and few of them survive to the present day, I'd call that rare, just the same as if a volume manufacturer commences production of something and cuts off at a low number.

I have a couple of rare production bikes…

Santana Moda

Curtlo Action Tec

Attachments

• curtlo 1 web.jpg
    curtlo 1 web.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 437
  • Santana Moda 1 web.jpg
    Santana Moda 1 web.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 436
Another unicorn available to buy at the time (1992): JJ COBAS Monocoque (with pre-Cannondale headset sups)

Attachments

• e89cb687d5226ab9f1e112d2596788a9.jpg
    e89cb687d5226ab9f1e112d2596788a9.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 421
  • o2f5.jpg
    o2f5.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 421
ishaw":3uvqtfnq said:
Isn't tbere an mt4 currently for sale for less than £70?

Sure this topic has been covered, but until recently, I'd only ever heard of one nuke proof reactor. Just landed one myself but it needs work to make it complete.

Another rare beast is an orange formula. I'm sure there are many more.
where is this being sold mate.....

Back