Zo messenger bag

Never been a messenger, no. I found the bag in my local Oxfam (thrift store for our American cousins) for £10. Bought it because it looked cool then looked it up online found the history fascinating and read up about Eric.

Last edited:
I wasn't a messenger. I got to know Eric through his dad. His father's bike shop was a customer of mine. I tried to hunt Eric down a few months ago and had no luck. I hope he is doing well!

Is he still working at the toy museum? Or have I confused him with someone else? I have his email (for the odd occasion he checks it)

I wasn't a messenger. I got to know Eric through his dad. His father's bike shop was a customer of mine. I tried to hunt Eric down a few months ago and had no luck. I hope he is doing well!

He was always a mysterious manic creature. Stayed at my place when in London once and hung out with him most times when he came to London when I was 'on the circut'.

I know some find him too excitable, but that was part of the fun for me. Same with Joel Metz, I always enjoyed his knowledge and again he stayed where we were living.

http://www.blackbirdsf.org/index2.html (Joel's website, even though he's in Portland now)

I SO wanted a Zo bag back in the 90's. :cool:

Ended up with a Cunx (double check spelling!) that was handmade in London. All black except for a reflective square with a printed black X on it. It had no stablising strap either.

In the mid 00's I was lucky enough to invest in PAC. Amazing bags. Here's mine (I know it's not a Zo!) and still going strong after almost 20 years of (ab)use. Can't beat proper handmade stuff by people who really care.

IMG_5265.jpg

Back