Zaskar cable ferrules…

Jimmy oldskool

Breezer Fan
Feedback
View
I’m rebuilding the Zaskar and have noticed that the rear brake outer cable sits on the piss as it comes out of the cable mount under the top tube…

IMG_2459.jpeg
IMG_2460.jpeg

…Does anyone know if there’s supposed to be a ferrule to slide the cable into in this position? There wasn’t one on the old cable and I can’t remember if that was as wonky as this? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Cheers

J

I'm afraid to say that your frame is dangerously defective. I'm more than happy to dispose of it for you safely so no one comes to harm riding it like that ;)

Seriously though, I have OCD for things like this, it may bug me. I'd be tempted to try a few different ferrules and maybe stiffer cable outer to try and get a more elegant cable run. I wouldn't try too hard though, my OCD alarm wasn't sounding too loudly.

I'm afraid to say that your frame is dangerously defective. I'm more than happy to dispose of it for you safely so no one comes to harm riding it like that ;)

Seriously though, I have OCD for things like this, it may bug me. I'd be tempted to try a few different ferrules and maybe stiffer cable outer to try and get a more elegant cable run. I wouldn't try too hard though, my OCD alarm wasn't sounding too loudly.

Cheers Ian…You’re all heart mate 😘🤣

It’s messing with my OCD too mate…I’ll do what you suggested and see if there’s a ferrule that fits and try and straighten the exit out a bit…👍🏼

that ferrules minging anyways. :)

run a longer outer if you want a straighter line, but I'm afraid to say, "they all do that sir". :)

I thought that would be the ultimate outcome…Just never noticed it ‘dressed to the left’ like that before until I started putting it back together…FML 🙄🤣

Back