Post-Trek Klein internal cable routing experts…

Jimmy oldskool

Breezer Fan
Feedback
View
I’ve got a lovely little NOS Klein Attitude Race that I’m about to pull apart for paint and rebuild…

IMG_2381.jpeg

I think it’s a ‘98 (any help with aging these later Kleins from the numbers will be much appreciated) and is fitted with Maguras.

IMG_2390.jpeg

Now my question is, the hydro hose runs through the top tube and is a thicker diameter than a cable so do I need a ferrule to fit into the routing holes in order to fit a cable and if so, where can I get them from?

Cheers

Jimmy

I think you can just run full length outer cables without the need for a ferrule. Earlier Klein's had a stop inside the entry hole which were often drilled out and full length cables run instead. As yours doesn't have a canti stop, you can just run the full outer up to the v noodle.

I've owned an earlier Klein which had the stops, I didn't want to drill but equally wanted to run Vs, there was a Klein adapter which wasn't much more than a v noodle, but smaller, and they were very expensive for what they were/did, so understood why people just drilled.

I've got a modern bike with internal routing, it's a bit rattly but I've bought some sleeves that go over the outer cable and dampen the noise nicely. And probably soften the blows/rubbing inside the frame.

Last edited:
The originals have been drilled out so they can take the Magura hose. You can either leave it like this - or, if you want to go back to original you will have to get out the old ferrules and get new ones in. You can PM me and I can tell you how to get the old ones out and I also have spares if you want to replace the back to original.

Latest posts

Back