Yeti Ultimate

Re: Re:

Once A Hero":374w1rd4 said:
Yetichaser":374w1rd4 said:
This thread is getting better and better.
Myself and Mike L rode for Addiscombe CC, a local very friendly and passionate club with a lot of prescence in the Shirley Hills races.

Ha! :D I certainly remember the ‘presence’ that Addiscombe CC displayed...if I remember rightly, the chant was “AD-DIS-COMBE” loudly and repeatedly at most events!

Were you a chanter, or was that a faction of the CC that you chose not to associate with? :LOL:

Lets just say i’m quite reserved. But great to know that others were more vocal.
I took my kids to Shirley Hills recently. Brought back good memories. Unfortunately its illegal to cycle there now though.

Re: Re:

Ha! :D I certainly remember the ‘presence’ that Addiscombe CC displayed...if I remember rightly, the chant was “AD-DIS-COMBE” loudly and repeatedly at most events!

Were you a chanter, or was that a faction of the CC that you chose not to associate with? :LOL:
I grew up in South Wales and mostly raced WMBC events, but remember going up to the Malvern's and watching the bunnyhop competition between Mark Bat and Jez Avery and we kept hearing “AD-DIS-COMBE” being belted out all the time like a load of drunks with tourette's syndrome...

Fast forward to 1994 and I end up at a design college in Chislehurst in Kent which is very close to Bromley and I end up going into Bromley Bike Co. (Cycleland) and spoke to the owner (Mark?) and met Dave Hemming too. Also remember a mechanic who looked like he raced with a ponytail (rode an Arc at the time) and also a taller ginger mechanic who had a younger brother at the same college as I attended who used to ride a first gen Pace and leave it unlocked all day in the college bike rack :oops:

Anyway, living around there I found out about Addiscombe CC and finally realised what the random shouting was about about 4 years previous!

Used to love going into Bromley Bike Co. / Evolution Imports. Managed to buy a Yeti t-shirt which I still have and that's a close as I've got to owning a Yeti...

Just thought I'd add some more random ramblings to this thread! :D

Oh and awesome build by the way and that stem looks the business...

perhaps fit some Bullseye parts? As Yeti seemed to always have some fitted.

Here comes the good bit, I'm eager to see how it looks early on.
Such a lovely looking frame. Always wanted a Yeti.. .... one day Rodney,one day 😉

Back