BUILD SPEC

Frame: Yeti C-26 reproduction made by Cycleworks.ch and RevlRevl Cycles, Switzerland, using original 1992 Yeti ProFRO donor, two original EASTON C9 carbon-fiber wrapped thin-wall aluminum tubes
Fork: Manitou

Headset: Campagnolo 1¼"
Stem: Answer A•TAC 1¼"
Handlebar: Answer TaperLITE
Grips: ODI Attack Endless John Tomac
Barends: onZa Titianium

Brakes: Black Shimano Deore XT BR-M734 (rear); silver Shimano Deore XT BR-M734 (front)
Brake Pads: Shimano Deore XT
Brake Cables: Shimano Deore XT
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano Deore XT A/73 front, /82 rear
Brake Levers/Shifters: Shimano Deore XT ST-M092
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT FD-M732
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT RD-M735-SS
Derailleur Cables: Shimano SIS & SIS Sealed SP
Cassette: Shimano Deore XT CS-HG90 12-28T
Chain: Shimano CN-HG90
Cranks: Shimano Deore XT FC-M730 170mm
Crank Bolts: Shimano Deore XT
Chainrings: Shimano SG black rings 46/36/26T
Chainring bolts: Shimano Deore XT
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Deore XT BB-M730
Pedals: Shimano Deore XT SPD PD-M737

Hub Skewers: Ringlé Holey Ti-Stix
Rims: Mavic M231 36H black anodized (rear), Mavic M231 32H silver anodized (front)
Hubs: Shimano Deore XT 36H FH-M732 rear, silver; Shimano Deore XT
Nipples: Alloy
Spokes: DT Swiss DB SS 14/16G
Disc: Tioga Disk Drive
Tyres: Panaracer Smoke blackwall (rear), onZa Racing Porc's II blackwall (front)
Tubes: Specialized

Saddle: Selle Italia Turbo White
Seatpost: Shimano Deore XT SP-M730 Ø26.8
Seatpost Binder: Ringlé CamTwist Ti-Stix

Weight: 28.8 lb

Woooof! Congratulations on completing this master piece :cool:!
Been staring at it in envy for a while now :D
Love the cabling!

Although cool, the bottles aren't doing it for me on the bike. But other than that..

mk one":1ydydi1f said:
Best thread for a long time!

Its the little touches, like the added stickers, that make it for me. And that banner is just the cherry on the cake, Awesome mate :D

...can i just ask though, is there any reason why your name is in different places on the top tube? and you will have to sort those pictures that seem to have fallen over :shock: :)

Being fair, if the thread didnt have the story, the name drops etc, and was simply.............. just a start to finish in pictures, it would still be awe some.

Well done Mate.

Now what are you waiting for, the bloody bank manager to come round and give it the nod.

BOTM.

mk one":20c2mfnk said:
Best thread for a long time!

Its the little touches, like the added stickers, that make it for me. And that banner is just the cherry on the cake, Awesome mate :D

...can i just ask though, is there any reason why your name is in different places on the top tube? and you will have to sort those pictures that seem to have fallen over :shock: :)
Thanks Mark!

For some weird reason the photos are rotating after uploading. :roll:

As for the different placement of stickers on opposite sides, the team bikes were similarly different. I forgot to make a reference to that! :facepalm:

The neon yellow YETI C-26 on the n-d side came from the late Team Yeti mechanic's estate, Chris 'Monkey' Vasquez. They are originals, so I really wanted to use them. I used white EASTON® on the n-d side as typically the EASTON® was in a contrasting color to the YETI & C-26. Having studied dozens of photos of C-26 team bikes, I came up with a compromise. I think it's neat to have a totally different pair of sides. And over the months/years, different sponsors' stickers would be added or removed, and almost every team bike was uniquely decaled. This 'faux team' bike is no different in that regard. :)

sinnerman":xbqacuvh said:
Being fair, if the thread didnt have the story, the name drops etc, and was simply.............. just a start to finish in pictures, it would still be awe some.

Well done Mate.

Now what are you waiting for, the bloody bank manager to come round and give it the nod.

BOTM.

Thank you. I had said a couple of times to a few people that I wasn;t going to put a thread up, and with my frequent mental episodes and arguments (including with yourself :oops: :oops: :oops: ) it's taken some doing for me to come out of my shell enough to share it and prepare to face criticisms and compliments alike.

I've been busting a giut to get it done for BOTM, but I'm very nervous about it!

Double-E F":3b3qzi7u said:
Woooof! Congratulations on completing this master piece :cool:!
Been staring at it in envy for a while now :D
Love the cabling!

Although cool, the bottles aren't doing it for me on the bike. But other than that..
Thank you for the high praise. I also forgot to mention that I decided to route the brakes US-style. It seems to get a better fit when routing them this way with the triple top-tube cable guides, having 'moto-style' or British brake setups makes them look sh*t!

Ha, I somewhat agree re the bottles. Some bikes/builds look so much better without them, but having the opportunity to buy these was simply too good to be true or resist. :mrgreen:

regan_ev":38g8a5c4 said:
sinnerman":38g8a5c4 said:

Well done Mate.

BOTM.

Thank you. I had said a couple of times to a few people that I wasn;t going to put a thread up, and with my frequent mental episodes and arguments (including with yourself :oops: :oops: :oops: ) it's taken some doing for me to come out of my shell enough to share it and prepare to face criticisms and compliments alike.

I've been busting a giut to get it done for BOTM, but I'm very nervous about it!

Mate we are all good, and whilst we all have our moments, we all have our opinions, sometimes our views will differ, BUT, we are all here for one reason, our LOVE of this thing of ours.

its our common interest.

You have done a stirling job, with the build, and the thread is a credit to the site.

And you did it with one of the most iconic brands and models in cycling history. How you funded it, i cant imagine, but for me, that just adds conviction and kudos to your passion.

:cool:

No need to be nervous Regan, you’ve done an amazing job.

I like all retrobikes but I am here for the higher end ones, not because I’m a bike snob but those are the ones I lusted after in the shops and whilst reading MBUK and MBI back in the day. Your Yeti is in a whole other league and has taken not only money but dedication. Long may you keep the passion alive :)

Awesome build and thread! But now, because of YOU, I have to reinstall the Hyperlite on my yet-to-finish retro rebuild "the right way" :-D. Unless this peculiarity is specific to the Taperlites.

Edit: Just checked; so Hyperlites behave as Taperlites w.r.t. "5 degree" and "Easton EA70" wording :oops:.

Thanks everyone for all the positive comments. <3

foxb13":2kuivcns said:
Awesome build and thread! But now, because of YOU, I have to reinstall the Hyperlite on my yet-to-finish retro rebuild "the right way" :-D. Unless this peculiarity is specific to the Taperlites.

Edit: Just checked; so Hyperlites behave as Taperlites w.r.t. "5 degree" and "Easton EA70" wording :oops:.
:LOL: Thanks and err, sorry :LOL: But when you’re riding it, you’ll be much happier. :)

Back