Xtr m970 crank bolt alternative?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
While I don't need one right now, the stock mounting bolt isn't made of the strongest stuff and the hex fitting seems to round off easily so planning ahead.

The bolt is different to other Shimano ones of course, so wondering if there are any alternatives should the inevitable happen at some point?

I've got one of those on one set of cranks. They do make you go faster, but are there any other options other than the Shimano supplied ones?

Thanks, I am not sure if the normal Shimano ones fit as they tend to be for cranks with the pinch bolts. The m970 ones are wider/fatter at the top. Not sure how much practical difference this makes but the bolt is also used as part of the arm extraction using a special tool.

Not been too many options suggested. The only possible option I've found is this, but have no idea if it will work or not, as never had the newer xtr cranks to compare bolt fit....

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I decided to take a punt on the type b Dura ace one of that era. Dims say its the right length and diametre.
Assume it's the correct/same thread.
Will report back on the off chance that it fits😁

Back