XTR M950 cranks on Ultegra BB-6500 bottom bracket?

Actually the one that I got is for a 70mm shell which would fit with the use of some spacers. That would also explain why nobody was interested in the NOS BB, due to the rather unpopular BB shell size.

ishaw":2uzdknjp said:
Aren't the 70 mm ones Italian thread so a completely different size?

70mm is Italian, which is not only a different size but also threaded differently

Re:

Hi, I've been running M952cranks on BB5500 and BB7700 with no issues. They are on a custom steel tourer and a Gary Fisher Subaru team hardtail frame, both with pretty narrow chainstays. The combination wasn't wide enough to clear the stays on a Trek Y33. So it depends on the frame you're fitting to.

Cheers

The 118 would be waay too long. At this stage I'll just have to hope that the crank arms will clear the chain-stays. The cranks are going on a '97 Rocky Mountain Vertex LE. uncleGsif's frame is a steel one so all the tubes are rather slender, hope that the Vertex doesn't build too far out...
So how did the Ultegra 6500 BB with the 109.5 spindle width work out for you....want to mount a pair of M950 cranks on my bontrager race lite.

Back