Sorted XTR M900 or M910 Rear Derailleur

Ha. It’s a cut throat market out there. Brutal.
No parcel yet but these things can take a few days. Will let you know. Cheers.
And to be fair, you was asking about shifters iirc, and when Pete uploaded the pic with bucket of goodies I enquired about the mech. If you had asked him for a mech then pete would have given you priority. You ended up buying mine though and now a NOS xtr mech-nice!
I'll try not to be a sniper again,can't promise though.

And to be fair, you was asking about shifters iirc, and when Pete uploaded the pic with bucket of goodies I enquired about the mech. If you had asked him for a mech then pete would have given you priority. You ended up buying mine though and now a NOS xtr mech-nice!
I'll try not to be a sniper again,can't promise though.
It’s totally fine mate. All is fair and all that. Pete was a gent to hold it for you.
Things have a habit of working out and fingers crossed for more decent parts in the future.
I’ll give you a shout if I see anything and would appreciate the same.
😃

It’s totally fine mate. All is fair and all that. Pete was a gent to hold it for you.
Things have a habit of working out and fingers crossed for more decent parts in the future.
I’ll give you a shout if I see anything and would appreciate the same.
😃
Goes without saying Matty, I'm surprised that considering you are only other side of same county that your parcel hasn't arrived yet.

Here's an off/on topic question...

Is there any actual difference between M900 and M910? I assume mixing and matching works just fine?

Yes there is, M910 is newer, the whole STI shifter unit is of the newer 'fitted' design and not just a bolted on ring.

The hubs are Parallax style.

The rear mech has a coil spring (to make sure it doesn't work well with sram at the time) , but then used in all mechs, rather than the clothes peg style spring.

Cranks gained a Ti/Alu bolts

I think the cassette gained the newer IG down shift ramping this year.

Mixing work perfectly fine, just as mixing in LX, XT would..

Yes there is, M910 is newer, the whole STI shifter unit is of the newer 'fitted' design and not just a bolted on ring.

The hubs are Parallax style.

The rear mech has a coil spring (to make sure it doesn't work well with sram at the time) , but then used in all mechs, rather than the clothes peg style spring.

Cranks gained a Ti/Alu bolts

I think the cassette gained the newer IG down shift ramping this year.

Mixing work perfectly fine, just as mixing in LX, XT would..

But I'd be fine using an M910 Rear mech with a M900 cassette, and M900 shifters?

Great. I assumed so, but then I started getting worried when I realized the mech I'd bought and had been listed as M900 turned out to actually be stamped M910, and I hadn't thought to look until now!

And here I was, being all smug about getting it right before prices went totally mental!

Great. I assumed so, but then I started getting worried when I realized the mech I'd bought and had been listed as M900 turned out to actually be stamped M910, and I hadn't thought to look until now!

And here I was, being all smug about getting it right before prices went totally mental!
That always annoys me. I know it’s a little thing as they are essentially the same - but it doesn’t take much to look at the stamp on the back before listing!
Same applies across a lot of Shimano ranges!

Yeah, should work better than the M900 in reality.
The 910 parts should technically demand a much higher price as it is much harder to get the parts, with it being a one year stop gap in 1995.

The cassette stayed on as an alternative for the M950 groupset.
It's all mix and match

Back