Sold X-Lite Titanium Pro Mountain Bike

Alandyman

Retro Newbie
FOR SALE : My pride and joy ( due to my mature years & worn out knees / hip etc ) ... My X-Lite Titanium pro which i bought in 1998 and have lovingly cared for since. Used it mostly on roads with occasional forest xc trail / fire road. Not had a lot of use over the last 15 years and dry stored at all times. Always cleaned after use and a wipe with the 'Baby Oil' as recommended following a chat with Alex Trimnell ( son of the original X-Lite owner, Rex.
DETAILS ARE : X-LITE TITANIUM PRO ... Size 18 inch ( 46 cm ) Im 5ft 10 inches
X-Lite XLR 560 Titanium straight bars ( for use on the X-Lite CNC twin crown head stems )
X-Lite PSS2 Saddle
X-Lite Clickon seat post
X-Lite seat post clamp
X-Lite CamLoc quick release skewers
X-Lite CNC Pro Alto bar ends
NOTE : The bar ends, post clamp, twin crown stems were all anodized in the red colour by X-Lite following my contact at the time with Alex.
MAGURA HS33 Special Edition OLIMPIA hydraulic brakes ( produced for 2004 Athens Olimpics )( See photos for certificate )
HOPE Titanium Bottom Bracket
SRAM ESP 9SL Shifters ( Gripshift )
SRAM X9 Rear Mech ( 9 speed ) ( new Shimano 9 speed cassette fitted plus new matching chain )
SHIMANO XT Front Mech
MIDDLEBURN RS3 170 CD Crank Set ( 22 - 32 - 42 )
MAVIC 217 SUP rims finished in rare Champagne colour on Shimano XTR M900 hubs
MTB Tyres : Mitchelin Country 26 x 2.00
ROAD Tyres : Schwalbe Big Apple 26 x 2.00 ( all tyres new Sept '20 )
Set of Grud Catcher original guards
Also includes the original Magura Race Line ( yellow ) hydraulic brake set and set of Race Pace flat pedals.
Also includes some of the original X-Lite boxes / Sram Instructions etc.
Also includes Magura Olimpia box ( bit battered but has the original watch included - never used )
Also includes box of Magura Service Kit
Overall weight only 11KG
This is a very reluctant sale but I'd rather the bike is loved and used by a new owner - its a lovely piece of British Design and engineering craftsmanship and I've never had any issues with it ( just the 'issues' with my maturity !! )
The bike will be packed very carefully in a proper cardboard bike box and will be sent insured and with tracking. ( cost from here in Northern Ireland to mainland UK may be between £45 - £75 depending on exact location )
I am totally new to this advertising bur a friend recommended 'RetroBike' as its used by proper enthusiasts who will appreciate what the bike is. ( more pictures available but unable to load at this time ) ( Not sure what this PM is but i will provide my contact details to anyone seriously interested ) - Regards - Alan
ASKING PRICE is £1150 plus cost of the delivery

Attachments

• IMG_7451.JPG
    IMG_7451.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 860
  • IMG_7452.JPG
    IMG_7452.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 847
  • IMG_7454.JPG
    IMG_7454.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 809
  • IMG_7455.JPG
    IMG_7455.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 803
  • IMG_7456.JPG
    IMG_7456.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 793
  • IMG_7458.JPG
    IMG_7458.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 796
  • IMG_7481.JPG
    IMG_7481.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 803
  • IMG_7486.JPG
    IMG_7486.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 367
Don't worry whoever buys this will love and cherish it. Technically as it's 98 should be in the post 97 section but I think we can let you off for such a wonderful original bike. Just lower the bar ends a little as it's playing with my mind! Add a set of tan walls and it would be perfect. What an amazing thing, you must have really loved X-lite (well who didn't in the 90's). Your price is very fair so hold out for it

Re:

Remember seeing one of those bitd at Armstrong’s Bike Dock. Did you pick it up in NI?

Re: X-lite titanium pro

Really appreciate all the kindly comments- hopefully they will encourage a worthy new owner - yep agree that bar ends a bit high in photo - is there a restriction on the number of photos allowed ? - could only download 8 ... someone is very observant as yep it was bought from Armstrong Bike Dock in Lisburn. Bought it as frame / forks then bought the new X-Lite stuff etc from there to build it to the spec I wanted ( gradually saved the hard earned £ so I could get what I wanted ) - Used it 3 years in a row on the Co-operation Ireland Maracycle. Any other info just ask.

Back