X-Lite Raleigh Ti Project Bike

Thanks for all the feedback, glad people like it. I've dug out a few old pictures from ~2000 showing the bike as it once was :)

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,395
  • bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,395
  • bike3.jpg
    bike3.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,395
Liking the build so far, id have kept the middleburns and maybe got some more British bits on it.. But it'll be very nice when finished! :cool:

A quick update for folks:
Wheels are now ordered. I've opted for Hope hoops Pro3 SP-XC6 lightweight wheels, in black with the Crest rims. XTR or Crossmax was on the cards, but I loved the Hopes. UST Rocket Rons on order too, which should help with the weight.

Brakes are on order , I decided to keep with the British option, Hope X2 Evo Race F&R, which Hope have kindly offered as a custom order in gunsmoke. Nice and light and supposedly great stopping power :D

The drawings for the brake mount are now underway, I should manage to get these out for machining this week if I get enough time.

I will upload some pix once the new kit starts arriving over the next week or so.

It probably isn't of huge interest here to retro fans, but I've ordered a Canyon Nerve XC 9.0SL this week. The X-lite (in its original form) was for me an all-rounder but is now more a techical cross country bike and it would be a shame to see the lightweight parts damaged through big drops etc. The X-lite will be saved for cross-country technical stuff and the Canyon for the heavier events.

Can anyone recommend a tasty disc rotor? I've seen some bargains on Superstar components, but there must be others out there too. Something light but durable would be great. Also looking for titanium QR skewers if anyone has suggestions.

Cheers
Rae

Re:

Resurrected this thread as really liked the bike
You still have it?

Back