Wtd: 700c rear wheel with Sturmey Archer hub

bpikeuk

Old School Hero
Hi Guys,

In an attempt to get my backside on a bike slightly more often that we have a solar eclipse, I have just bought myself an On One Il Pompino second hand. I'd like to put a gear hub in the rear (120mm spacing) and am looking for a decent second hand wheel to suit. Number of speeds unimportant as anything will make it easier than 1 to start with.

Thanks

Barry

700c sturmey

I've got one that I bought new a few years back and has been hanging in my garage ever since. It's a 3 speed hub, they can be spaced from about 115mm upwards. I think this was spaced at 130mm when I bought it.

Also, to assist with chainline, the cog can be respaced by repositioning the cog spacer and / or flipping the cog, as it is dished.

Can't for the life of me remember which brand the rim is though. It's more hybrid width than skinny road width though.

PM me if interested and I'll measure the rim width and see if I still have the correct spacers to space it to 120mm, I think I used them on something else :-( however, they are cheap and easy to come by.

Back