Worst week of commuting by bike since I moved to London.

My guilty secret, made all the worse by the fact I live on a boat with a dog.

I bloody hate riding on most parts of the towpath. Cyclists, pedestrians and dogs are as incompatible as cyclists and cars.

chris667":1c5etan6 said:
Cyclists, pedestrians and dogs are as incompatible as cyclists and cars.

.....been there.....done that :) ......really for sunny days when you haven't got to be anywhere in a hurry

Easy rider , in the first pic I would have put the sign on the path , as far as I can see it's in the road , paint on a road still makes it a road .

2nd pic Id be on the path , paint on a path is still a path . I see uphills as a time to rest so I'd have hopped the kerb to save having to keep up with traffic . Keep out of the way of the fella of course , leave the sign alone and once at the top drop back onto the road and with a bit of luck someone will see your doing the right thing and not run you over .

3rd , 4th and 5th pics I'd be on the road where I'm supposed to be . I feel insulted by the paint on paths that expect you to stop at every turning and driveway :x if I wanted to go at a walking pace I'd just walk .

Just say no to the paint .

perry":2q3dfeei said:
Easy rider , in the first pic I would have put the sign on the path , as far as I can see it's in the road , paint on a road still makes it a road .

2nd pic Id be on the path , paint on a path is still a path . I see uphills as a time to rest so I'd have hopped the kerb to save having to keep up with traffic . Keep out of the way of the fella of course , leave the sign alone and once at the top drop back onto the road and with a bit of luck someone will see your doing the right thing and not run you over .

3rd , 4th and 5th pics I'd be on the road where I'm supposed to be . I feel insulted by the paint on paths that expect you to stop at every turning and driveway :x if I wanted to go at a walking pace I'd just walk .

Just say no to the paint .

I agree perry, I ride on the road most of the time, i just ride too fast to be on a pavement (I'm sure there is a 12mph limit for pavements, can anyone confirm this? )
It was only the first one I was annoyed at TBH.

Sounds like helpings of bad luck to me. However there is loads and loads of braindeads everywhere, angry, stupid, ignorant, autopilot, cocky, etc dicks everywhere! I nearly got blocked in an official parking bay Sunday as idiots park on the cycling lane and single file road on double yellows and zig zags ffs, and that happens all the time.
Image0388.jpg

My GF got on her bike first time since December 2009 and 2 incidents including a rude old man commenting about access pavement use when the road is blocked with building works after a long shift at the hospital.

If its not dangerous nuggets its cheeky and brain dead scroaty yoofs.

Its all normal, Sixth sense, common sense, some eye-balling, bright clothing/protectives and some one liners are what you need.

And then the realisation that there are still loads of great people out there too. Its easy to fall in the trap of being the grumpy aggressive on. Flipping the coin where poss helps loads I find. :)

Jav just couldn't wait to see some hot naked manlyness so stopped in the street to look at the poster on the phone box

zim zimma did you run your keys down the side of that bimmer ?

:LOL:

I resisted the keying.

I'm still working out how I either prove that all the ££££££££ road work here was pointless, or get some law enforcement to sort these dangers out. its crazy when the moped wardens get cars towed away by day cash cowing for very minor offences on side roads.

kaiser":209oa7wm said:
Oh and your week does sound shit, rise above it and keep telling yourself at least your not from London. Find yourself some nice Yorkshire beer and put your feet up :)

Seconded by me!

Londoners are generally very very rude..... I counter act this by being generally very very bitchy in a drag queen kinda way, I win! Also, take a tip from the couriers, you see a moronic example of a human being step out in front of you with a cup of coffee outstretched - slam the coffee onto them. That will teach them a lesson for not obeying Darth Vader!

LeeDevelopment":1ansjeko said:
....take a tip from the couriers, you see a moronic example of a human being step out in front of you with a cup of coffee outstretched - slam the coffee onto them. That will teach them a lesson for not obeying Darth Vader!

Ace, does that actually happen :cool: :LOL:

Oh yes, always amusing! Just wait and watch down Tooley Street, you'll see some classic examples of moronic humans getting some come uppance by cyclists.

Back