World's rarest retro saddle?

red_dread

Dirt Disciple
I've got this "Look" badged Selle San Marco Rolls saddle from the very early 90s, in red leather, with the usual gold rails and back plate. Unfortunately it's been well used (and loved), hence the wear and tear.

I have two questions:

1. Is this the rarest saddle in the world? I was told the Look edition was ultra-rare in about 92 when I bought it, and today no amount of googling will find another one.

2. How can it be restored? The gold has lost its lustre, the Look badges are scratched, and the leather is scuffed. Or should I keep it "vintage" rather than go for the box-fresh look?

Attachments

• Look lo.jpg
    Look lo.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1,481
I dont really think there is a "rarest" retro saddle.... but its nice anyways. and as far as i know restoration involves hydrating the leather, they might be able to restore the color or use shoepolish for it, or a total reskinning (in which it would most likely loose its look logo.

I would just leave it as is, its not that bad condition wise anyways.

A bit of leather clean and polish wouldnt hurt and would bring back some of its shine,same with the gold,some gentle wiping with some brasso also wouldnt hurt.

I have a vague recollection of a saddle about '97.
It was a dark brown in colour and was in 2 separate sides joined together with adjustable rods so you could widen or narrow the saddle,Ti rails and hardwear i think :? LBS had it priced at nearly ninety quid back then

For the life of me i cant remember who made it or what it was called :LOL: ,but ive never seen another since

Unusual but not so rare - one of my lbs has (or had) loads in stock..

How about this titanium saddle...shell thing that popped up on a bike last week.

Attachments

• dd_pluma.jpg
    dd_pluma.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,427
I'm pretty sure these are the rarest......

Attachments

• designer-animal-head-bicycle-saddles.jpg
    designer-animal-head-bicycle-saddles.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,419
I was thinking earlier how a flite is like sitting on a swans neck and now you can rest your balls on a goats head :LOL:

dyna , are you sure your not getting the memories of the s&m clubs mixed up , sounds like the kind of niche stuff that would cost £90 an hour :LOL:

Back