Wiki help request: Marzocchi

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I made an attempt with Marzocchi suspension in Wiki. I included quite a lot, but I am sure not all. For example not much is said on the earlies and the Bomber start isn't really covered. Any of you has something to add?

Feel free to put it up here or in the Wiki directly :)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Marzocchi

Marzocchi contributed to the Verlicchi downhill (DH) frame with their damper unit and design input
Same frames had Sintesi signatures - as I know Marzocchi contributed also with them, and with Formula (1st generation of Bombers having specyfic mounts for Formula brakes, also disc brake adaptors for XC700/DH3 was available only for Formula brakes)
I thing good to notice about different dimension of stanchions in XC500 (and older forks) and XC600/700/DH3 (if someone wish to try replace fome parts between forks)

Thanks for all your suggestions

Marcin, do you know whether the larger diameter also applied to the XCRs?

Sintesi, Iron Horse, Kona FS, Haro FS, Diamond Back DR = Verlicchi. Original motorframe constructor Verlicchi built the frames for other companies. They also built the s-bike.

Elev12k":16iozvmh said:

XCR forks are 26mm seal like XC700 etc and DH3 (if that's what you were asking).

I have a lot of information on the forks but it will take a bit to drag out as the best stuff is in catalog form.

I have some fork tables somewhere which could be added to the wiki too.

Elev12k":s6rgwh4c said:
Mel - I see You have an answer now
My friend - expert about front suspension - promisses me, that he will contact You, and give many details about pre2000 Marzocchi - not only stanchions diameters :)

Hi.

Marcin (Skolioza) asked me for help, because i know a little bit about old forks. I used to repaire old forks and I've got couple of them. Thats my main interest, so if You've got any questions - i will try to help You.

Diameters of old Marzocchi:
To model XC500 (included) the diameter of upper legs was 24mm.
The same diameter had older forks (XC400, XC150, XC50 etc.) and XC51 (XCR's predecessor).

Upper legs diameter of later forks is 26mm.
This diameter was in following forks: XC600, XC700, XCR, DH3 and Nitro.

Back