Wanted help 2001 marzocchi x-fly 100mm

Johnny 1

Dirt Disciple
hi guys .
DDesperate needing help and advice on my marzocchi x-fly 100 2001 fork .
can anyone tell be what is the correct amount of oil that goes into each leg please.
I have download the marzocchi on these fork and is recommending 40ml each leg which I don't think is enough and I am now getting a knocking noise as they come back up they feel great and plus but the noise is driving me mad .
can anyone put me in the right direction in were uam going wrong .
Best regards

I'm still don't know why they branded these X-Fly as they lost the X-Fly/Superfly setup and went to the lower end traditional setup of the Flylights Air things.
Which is easier and probably better, but still not really and 'Fly..

Anyway, different for each leg, you may be reading the older Xfly instructions.
Screenshot_20240308_085442.jpg

40ml, you sure that's not a height in mm your reading? That's sound around the length for a height.
That's different to a cc measure.

Good morning fluffychicken.
First off big thank you to you for sharing and going out of your way to respond to my post this is a massive help to me so again big thanks.

The marzocchi x-fly manual is great for stripping down the fork but unfortunately doesn't explain properly the amount of oil I needed .
I have been using a motorcycle suspension oil 10w to firm up the forks as iam around 85-90kg in weight which works well but the problem I have come across is that I only put 40ml in each leg which properly explains the topping out as it's probably relieing more on the air chamber than the oil damper so with the information know given should correct this 115right leg 95 left leg iam right to say .

Back