Whyte PRST 4 for sale. In tip top condition!

Beridi

Retro Newbie
Hello Folks,

Sadly the time has come to sell my much loved Whyte PRST 4 (health reasons mean I wont be mountain biking anymore). Its an absolute classic. Proper British Engineering from Jon Whyte. This was one of his original designs with the highly unique front suspension, which I have always loved and enjoyed riding. Its a brilliant ride, super smooth and turns beautifully. The fox shocks (like new condition) do an amazing job to keep you smooth over the lumps and bumps, and the front end design absorbs the big hits like nothing else I ever rode. At the rear it has the classic 4 bar linkage design that became the standard by which all other rear suspension designs compared themselves against for over a decade. Almost every Marin bike with suspension had Jon Whytes rear suspension design throughout the 90s and the first half of the 00s.

My bike was bought new and has only ever been owned by me. Its in tip-top condition, with top spec throughout. Full Shimano XT group set and the now classic Hope Mini Disc brakes which are frankly still as good as it gets in my opinion. Honestly this bike rides like it was made last year, not 20 years ago! Please see the pics and feel free to ask me any questions. I will be totally sad to say goodbye to it, but hopefully it will go to a good home and be loved for another 20 years!

I would like to sell it for £750.

Alan

Attachments

• Full Bike Side.JPG
    Full Bike Side.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 862
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 862
  • Crank.JPG
    Crank.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 862