For Sale Whyte e5 Works Edition £250

Lofty Barbarian

Retro Newbie
The Whyte e5 Works (circa 2008 circa £2,500 when new) . Keenly priced to sell.

The e5 is a lightweight endurance XC/marathon bike. This is the works edition, with smatterings of carbon everywhere and a real step up from the XT model.

Bought from new and with one careful owner, Tigger II, as he was affectionately known, is a blast on the trails and cross country rides. 5” of bouncy fun, this a is a great ride and always brought a smile to my face, be it Glentress berms or slatey routes in The Lakes. A classic from the Whyte stable featuring the Jon Whyte quad link design. Sadly with changing circumstances Tigger II has been retired in the garage for the last 8 years and now the garage is going, so must Tigger II.

The bike features a durable magnesium aluminium alloy frame with carbon fibre swingarm and Mavic 26-inch wheels. A fox float takes care of the rear suspension and Rockshox Revelation forks up front.

Below us the detailed spec. The bike is in good condition for the age, groups et parts when they needed replaced were done so like for like to retain the performance and low weight.

•Magnesium Alloy Works Frame size 19” size Large. Clean with no dings, a couple of scratches more from bike carriers than actual use. Frame wrapped from new but I have removed the wrap for this sale as it was grubby at the edges with mud and looked a bit rubbish in the pictures.

Monocoque Carbon Swingarm, couple of stone ships by all still good out back.

•FSA carbon Team Issue crankset (Original). Triple Chainrings replaced like for like over time.

•SRAM X0 rear derailleur with carbon cage (original) all still runnings smoothly and changing nicely.

•SRAM X0 rear cassette and chain( replaced like for like over time).

•SRAM X0 front derailleur (original). Loads of life left.

•Thompson Elite X4 stem (original).

•Easton Monkey Lite XC bars (original)

•Easton EC70 seat post (original), few scuffs from raising and lowering, pre dropper days.

•Fizik Gobi Wing Flex saddle (Original). I used a different saddle usually so this is in excellent condition.

•Rockshox Revelation forks, probably need a service but still function nicely, though the remote lockout is a bit sticky. (Original)

•Hope Pro II hubs and Mavic XC717 Dusc wheel set (original and true).

•Panaracer FireXC Pro 2.1 (loads of tread).

Also available Panaracer Razer XC 2.1 tyres (original and near mint).

•Fox Float RP2 shock.

Pedals not included.

Any questions or additional photos just ask.

P&P I might be able to track down a box but I would prefer not to ship. I have tried to get an online quote but the estimated box size is not giving results on DPD or Royal Mail/Parcelforce

I am prepared to drive about 2 hours from Glasgow, so Cumbria, Northumberland, Spey Valley kind of distances to ensure safe delivery. I might manage further South only if it fits around other trips in October. This is also listed on eBay if you would prefer the security of their platform.

IMG_2106.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2107.jpeg
    IMG_2107.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2108.jpeg
    IMG_2108.jpeg
    818.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2109.jpeg
    IMG_2109.jpeg
    794.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2111.jpeg