Who remembers when……

@The History Man Which side is up?

escher-relativity-1024x981.jpg

LOL, my wife is now frightened of entering the garage. I actually have a warning sign in German script on the door, to keep the riff-raff out.

I'd have to agree about them beeing clowns. They just haven't figured out how to live properly. So they write books to make sense of their own thoughts and get other people to try their theory. So they don't have to ruin their own lives. :LOL:

(Disclaimer: Maybe not all of them are like that. Maybe some actually know their stuff but still write those books, that say what the audience wants to hear, just to make money...)

The biggest issue I have is having enough space to store the boxes that stuff arrives in, as sure is eggs are eggs that when i come to sell the odd part, I can never find a box to post it in!
Flat pack pack them 😉 when it comes to selling something and you need a box just open out and re tape 👍

Im pleased to say im down to 3 sizeable plastic storage tubs + wheels hanging up. Previous to the "great clearance " i had an entire shed just full of " stuff".

I can now find stuff, have a bit of cash to do a few projects right and have a stock of parts that are desirable to me.

Now i just need to deal with the timber addiction.....

I also remember when all my tools fitted into a small cantilever tool box.....long gone sadly as when i was an apprentice they welded it to a bench and filled it with water for me......

I remember the day when all my cycle tools, tat, spares and junk fitted in this...
View attachment 625083
Now it's 2 sheds and a workshop... 😂
😂 not wishing to drag this to the monty python yorkshire men sketch … I remeber when my tool collection comprised of a dog bone spanner, a pair of mole grips, one of those flat, pressed steel multi spanner’s with a half circle bottom bracket section (Raleigh fit only) and 3 hammers. 😎
Edit: just found the multi tool on eBay ..£15 😵‍💫

Attachments

• 78FB6897-4D4D-472F-AE3E-240F510F446C.jpeg
    78FB6897-4D4D-472F-AE3E-240F510F446C.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
😂 not wishing to drag this to the monty python yorkshire men sketch … I remeber when my tool collection comprised of a dog bone spanner, a pair of mole grips, one of those flat, pressed steel multi spanner’s with a half circle bottom bracket section (Raleigh fit only) and 3 hammers. 😎
Edit: just found the multi tool on eBay ..£15 😵‍💫
I think my toolkit grew by a box or two when I lept from cottered donkeys and sturmey archers to 21 speeds HG interstellar rocketships!
It was one rubber Raleigh multispanner a big flat blade screwdriver and a hammer did it all.
Can't believe you had 3 hammers! Flash Harry!
I do remember making my own cone spanners when I found yet another "standard"..they were one hit wonders out of aluminium guaranteed to fail just before optimum torque 😂
At least I didn't bugger any locknuts I guess!

Back