Who remembers when……

😂 not wishing to drag this to the monty python yorkshire men sketch … I remeber when my tool collection comprised of a dog bone spanner, a pair of mole grips, one of those flat, pressed steel multi spanner’s with a half circle bottom bracket section (Raleigh fit only) and 3 hammers. 😎
Edit: just found the multi tool on eBay ..£15 😵‍💫
Certainly bringing back some more memories! Before the time of the drawers in my original post my only bike specific tool was a Raleigh spanner that came with the bike.

601ABBE4-E7A6-4982-ABA0-09CAEE3C7296.jpeg

Certainly bringing back some more memories! Before the time of the drawers in my original post my only bike specific tool was a Raleigh spanner that came with the bike.

View attachment 625098
That's the super duper deluxe chrome plated...you don't how lucky you were!
Mine couldn't even spread butter....that's what my hammer was for ...to straighten it out and close up the gaps!

That's the super duper deluxe chrome plated...you don't how lucky you were!
Mine couldn't even spread butter....that's what my hammer
You think you had it tough......we spent 10 hours a day undoing bottom brackets with our teeth!

Oh sorry......NOT turn it into a python sketch.....i see where i went wrong there.....and we were just getting over the incident with the dirty fork too.

You think you had it tough......we spent 10 hours a day undoing bottom brackets with our teeth!

Oh sorry......NOT turn it into a python sketch.....i see where i went wrong there.....and we were just getting over the incident with the dirty fork too.
You think you had it tough .....we spent 10 hours a day undoing bottom brackets without any teeth!

Crucifixion's a doddle

45 years old and still funny.....not sure much modern comedy will stand that test.

Probably can't be shown now as its offensive......to somebody...!

Could be worse..

Back